General Television Thread

Hellfire

All I will say of tonight's Boardwalk thusfar is that I never really thought about what a scene between Gyp Rosetti and Chalky White would be like. Turns out it's fantastic.

EDIT: Great episode. Really has me excited for next week.

I imagine that since Eddie didn't die tonight he won't die next week, and that's awesome because I love him and am delighted he got a spotlight in tonight's episode. Nucky realizing that Eddie was the only guy left who was 100%, unquestionably loyal to him and that he's been treating him like shit was great.

And Treme's finale is already fantastic.

All I will say of tonight's Boardwalk thusfar is that I never really thought about what a scene between Gyp Rosetti and Chalky White would be like. Turns out it's fantastic.

I imagine that since Eddie didn't die tonight he won't die next week, and that's awesome because I love him and am delighted he got a spotlight in tonight's episode. Nucky realizing that Eddie was the only guy left who was 100%, unquestionably loyal to him and that he's been treating him like shit was great.

I am totally amped up for next week's finale. The preview made it look like it is going to be an insane bloodbath and it makes me giddy. I seriously can't wait to see who survives and who doesn't. And I loved the little bit towards the end with Richard getting all of his weapons ready and am really excited for crazy Richard Harrow - Mercenary to just murder everyone.

Edited by Ron

Ben and Kate is a good show. I like Elementary but it's a procedural and blah blah Sherlock blah blah.

Holy crap! I'm not the only person watching that!

Oh god, I'm going to miss Treme when it's gone.

Me too. :( The finale was, like you said, really fantastic.

Treme spoilers:

The awkward moment with Terry and Sophia was amazing.

I dropped Arrow after episode two. I really wanted to like it because I like Green Arrow, but it's just kind of.. blah.

Man the amount of fucking baggage Ted has it's a god damn miracle any woman would ever marry him.

Also it's a testament to how the series has run way too god damn long that I don't even remotely care at all about the main character. I'm only even watching it now as background noise or "I need to watch something whilst I'm eating."

Ted from HIMYM? I hate that guy, and I'm only a couple episodes into season three. The last episode I watched was the three-way one, which was the epitome of "and the stakes are what, again?"

But speaking of things I don't hate, general heads up; voting for EWB's Favorite Show 2012 will start sometime next week! I'm going to wait until after Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead end their season and half-season respectively.

Ted from HIMYM? I hate that guy, and I'm only a couple episodes into season three. The last episode I watched was the three-way one, which was the epitome of "and the stakes are what, again?"

He's a fucking horrible character. I've never liked him. I can't wait for Josh Radnor to disappear into TV history once the show is over. NPH and Jason Segel are pretty much the only reason to watch the show. I've never really found Cobie Smulders funny and Alyson Hannigan is stuck with a character that's written really badly.

My disdain for Smulders has just been growing and growing lately, ever since she was a pretty meh actress in The Avengers and then was really really dire in the originally intended opening to the film.

But speaking of things I don't hate, general heads up; voting for EWB's Favorite Show 2012 will start sometime next week! I'm going to wait until after Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead end their season and half-season respectively.

Treme for #1! :shifty:

Man the amount of fucking baggage Ted has it's a god damn miracle any woman would ever marry him.

Also it's a testament to how the series has run way too god damn long that I don't even remotely care at all about the main character. I'm only even watching it now as background noise or "I need to watch something whilst I'm eating."

HIMYM has always been that show. It's like BBT, entertaining enough, but you don't need to pay any attention to at all.

I am totally amped up for next week's finale. The preview made it look like it is going to be an insane bloodbath and it makes me giddy. I seriously can't wait to see who survives and who doesn't. And I loved the little bit towards the end with Richard getting all of his weapons ready and am really excited for crazy Richard Harrow - Mercenary to just murder everyone.

Jesus, yes, that was a good episode. Kessler had multiple All-Time Great Lines, Richard's about to go on a spree, and that ending made me actually cheer out loud. Cannot wait for next week.

Treme for #1! :shifty:

Co-signed, and no shifty needed.

I'll probably watch the Treme season finale either tonight or tomorrow.