General Television Thread

Hellfire

Ted from HIMYM? I hate that guy, and I'm only a couple episodes into season three. The last episode I watched was the three-way one, which was the epitome of "and the stakes are what, again?"

He's a fucking horrible character. I've never liked him. I can't wait for Josh Radnor to disappear into TV history once the show is over. NPH and Jason Segel are pretty much the only reason to watch the show. I've never really found Cobie Smulders funny and Alyson Hannigan is stuck with a character that's written really badly.

My disdain for Smulders has just been growing and growing lately, ever since she was a pretty meh actress in The Avengers and then was really really dire in the originally intended opening to the film.

Ted's not a nice guy but a friend of mine pointed out that he is narrating his own story so he's an unreliable narrator.

Ted from HIMYM? I hate that guy, and I'm only a couple episodes into season three. The last episode I watched was the three-way one, which was the epitome of "and the stakes are what, again?"

He's a fucking horrible character. I've never liked him. I can't wait for Josh Radnor to disappear into TV history once the show is over. NPH and Jason Segel are pretty much the only reason to watch the show. I've never really found Cobie Smulders funny and Alyson Hannigan is stuck with a character that's written really badly.

My disdain for Smulders has just been growing and growing lately, ever since she was a pretty meh actress in The Avengers and then was really really dire in the originally intended opening to the film.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. He's made a couple okay indie movies so I imagine he'll either continue doing that or end up getting another show that he's more involved in at some point.

My major gripe with HIMYM is the fact that the creators have been hell bent on waiting until the end of the series to introduce The Mother and that's never made sense to me. Like, I get that's what the narrative of the entire show was supposed to be but its at its best when it's just a group of friends hanging out and if you introduce the character in like Season 4, it's still the same show and perhaps even better because it doesn't have some dumb mystery that nobody really cares about hanging over it.

So Angus Jones...the kid from Two and A Half Men..apparently became a 7th Day Adventist and now says the show that made him a star and rich is telling people to stop watching..

Was "Two and a Half Men" teen star Angus T. Jones so turned off by the recent storyline that had his character Jake Harper making out with Miley Cyrus that he's now biting the hand that feeds him by trashing the series he's starred on for the last decade?

No, it goes much deeper than that. Not only has the 19-year-old called his series "filth" in a new interview, but he also begs viewers to stop watching "Two and a Half Men" and talks about how being on the show goes against his religious beliefs.

"Jake from 'Two and a Half Men' means nothing," Jones says in a video interview with Chris "The Forerunner" Hudson, who leads a Seventh day Adventist-leaning video series. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.' I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth. Please."

Jones also talks in the video about how TV, and apparently "Two and a Half Men" specifically, does the work of the devil.

"A lot of people don't like to think about how deceptive the enemy is," Jones says. "He's been doing this for a lot longer than any of us have been around. There's no playing around when it comes to eternity."

So why, you wonder, is Jones still appearing on a show he so clearly detests and is publicly trashing?

"It's very weird being on a television show, especially now that I'm trying to walk with God, because my television show has nothing to do with God and doesn't want anything to do with God," Jones said during a Seventh-day Adventist Church workshop on his birthday in October (as reported at Vulture.com). He said that he had considered not continuing his role, but "it's a strange position that I'm put in … I'm under contract for another year, so it's not too much of a decision on my part. … I know God has me there for a reason for another year."

In the workshop testimony, Jones also talks about his parents' divorce, his drug use, and the fact that he's still a virgin.

CBS declined to comment on Jones's interview. A representative for Jones, who is reportedly paid between $300,000 and $350,000 per episode for "Two and a Half Men," has not responded to Yahoo! TV's request for comment.

Jones, along with co-stars Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer, signed a one-year deal to continue the 10th, and current, season of "Two and a Half Men," in which his character has graduated from high school and joined the Army. The sitcom remains a top 10 ratings hit for CBS.

Boardwalk Empire

Man, this season started off slow but has got so good at the right time. Absolute firecracker episode this week (thanks no doubt to no Margaret), and finally Al Capone is involved. So gutted there's only one episode left this season!

What do you got against Margaret? I didn't necessarily miss her this week, but only because they're clearly going to come back to her later.

Yessssssss!

That is indeed awesome.

On the subject of Treme:

That was a very good finale, but - and I don't know that I've ever felt this way about David Simon's material - I wanted just a bit more closure. It's kind of a minor gripe though, especially as I know they have just four episodes of material left.

Josh;

"I sure do hate The Wife!" in Fans of Antihero Protagonist Show shocker!

I like Margaret too and have absolutely no clue how she's been a detriment to the season.

Boardwalk Empire

It has nothing to do with "I hate the wife". She's a likeable enough character, I've just felt that any plot thread with her this season as killed episodes dead (apart from maybe with Owen in the last couple of episodes). Earlier in the season they wasted so much time on Margaret and the hospital, which has easily been the part of the season I've been least interested in.

See, I dug the hospital stuff, as it displayed a growing independent streak and even an ability to manipulate within Margaret. Plus, there was whole tease of her and the doctor, a closer look at women's health in the 1920's, etc.