General Television Thread

Hellfire

It just gets better. Keep watching.

Boardwalk Empire:

Great finale. I love that ultimately, Nuck beat Gyp Rosetti and Joe Masseria and Arnold Rothstein by using his old tricks of bring a brilliant political player instead of just a brutal gangster. And oh fuck, Richard's rampage through the Commodore's house.

Bobby Cannavale's Steve Buscemi impersonation was hilarious too.

In non-spoiler Boardwalk news, George Pellecano and Dennis Lehane will be joining the writing staff for season four. That is fucking awesome. Boardwalk has such a great writing staff (including Howard Korder, who wrote Boys Life, a play that has a fantastic monologue that I mangled the shit out of in my first year at college).

Boardwalk Empire:

Great finale. I love that ultimately, Nuck beat Gyp Rosetti and Joe Masseria and Arnold Rothstein by using his old tricks of bring a brilliant political player instead of just a brutal gangster. And oh fuck, Richard's rampage through the Commodore's house.

Yeah, some great seeds were planted for the future while giving this season a solid sense of conclusion.

In no particular order, the best scenes were probably Margaret at the Abortionist, Richard's Rampage, Richard Delivers Tommy (totally cried here), and Nucky and Margaret.

"This is only money. It doesn't mean anything."

"Yes, it does."

It just gets better. Keep watching.

Boardwalk Empire:

In non-spoiler Boardwalk news, George Pellecano and Dennis Lehane will be joining the writing staff for season four. That is fucking awesome. Boardwalk has such a great writing staff (including Howard Korder, who wrote Boys Life, a play that has a fantastic monologue that I mangled the shit out of in my first year at college).

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Richard's killing spree was everything I hoped for and more. I was so pumped up to see what he was going to do and he didn't disappoint. I loved the finale. I thought Nucky using his old ways was bad ass. I actually cheered when Mellon said 'Arnold Rothstein' during the phone call. Can we please get James Cromwell on the show next season too? I enjoyed the Margaret bits in this episode and sat there during the abortion scenes thinking 'No way she goes through with it, no way she goes through with it... holy crap she went through with it.'

And Bobby Cannavale will be missed. He was fantastic in every episode he was in and had some great scenes throughout the season.

I'm excited to see where they go with the story next season.

The advert for FX changing to FOX pisses me off. They advertise as airing "right after the US", then show Dexter and Louie. Dexter always airs about 9 months after it has in the US, and Louie is going to air season one in the new year... two and a half years after it started in the US.

Fuck you, FOX. Fuck. You.

So there's the explanation for why Insurrection tanked - Riker shaves. Not that Data has to learn to be a kid, or that they find the fountain of youth, or that plastic surgery is actually even worse in the future. Nope, Riker goes beardless and everything goes to hell.

I saw both of the special screenings of TNG Blu-ray screenings. I hate to admit it, but I fell asleep during the episode where we first met the Borg. Just not my cup of tea, really. The extended version of "The Measure of a Man" was great, though. The image quality is incredible. It's just a pity that they filmed it in regular 35mm format - no widescreen option. Ah well, I can always wait until they get around to going Blu-ray on Voyager.