General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've heard this too, but also that it takes a good while. I did watch a decent chunk of a later episode on the plane to Baltimore for King of Trios and it wasn't bad.

So Alphas is pretty awesome but I wish I watched it earlier as it likely would've made my Top 15 for 2012. :(

Also, it's 5x the show Heroes was (at worst, equal to Season 1) on only 1/5th of the budget. Seriously though, everybody watch it immediately.

God you watch shit shows TKz. :shifty:

I NEED BACKGROUND NOISE.

I don't see you suggesting any other 20 minute comedies for me to stick on whilst I level up my party. >_>

Also this is totally because I still haven't watched Justified, isn't it?

To be fair, me watching Leverage couldn't have saved it as I can't watch it on the TV. I mourned in my own way.

And bah. I got pretty tired of Happy Endings. I couldn't stand Penny. Which is a shame, because I like the rest of the cast, but I reached like a 3 episode stretch that focused pretty much entirely on her and couldn't deal with any more.

Yeah, it does get better. The first 4-5 episodes are rough sailing, but once they tone down Schmidt and stop making the show a joke at the expense of Zooey Deschanel being "weird", it gets pretty fun. Plus Lizzy Caplan shows up. I think I'm in love with Lizzy Caplan again guys. :(

The spoilered thing (does it need spoilering, really?) is far worse than the Kazon. The Kazon were at least "our purpose here is to be a threat (well...we try)", whereas that has...no purpose. None. Can't even see any real character develpment out of it.

But hey, it doesn't last all that long.

Catching up on Fringe as i got the fourth season on DVD for christmas, just watched the two Astrid's meet episode. She's in every episode but is more like side character like Broyles & Nina Sharp. She's so cute and it's about time she/they got an episode. There was that one episode in Season 2 which was Walter/Astrid centric which had a really sweet moment with them in the end after she got attacked, but this was the first one to focus on her. I really like the whole main cast which doesn't happen that often. It's definitely one of my favourite shows of recent years.

Also third season of Happy Endings has been brilliant, too bad that the ratings for it apparently suck and ABC is throwing 2 episodes a week starting sometinme in January, which is great but i kind of get the feeling that they just want to get it over with and quickly.

Edited by The Sandman
  • Like 1