General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've just started watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Big Fat Quiz of the Year for the first time. Wonderful stuff. I was shocked to discover Channel 4 has produced decent content. Less shocked at how much they seem to hate the idea of people finding ways of watching it.

Finally started watching the latest season of Supernatural. There's a lot of crap, but there's been four really solid episodes that almost make it worth it. The Men of Letters episode, Benny versus Sam, Cas becoming a Hunter and the Benny backstory are all great.

Sad to hear that Cult wasn't very good. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I was planning too. Knepper is a great actor and is really the only reason I stuck out for Heroes Season 4. My favorite villain in the entire series.

Anyone have any opinions on 24 for a guy who has never seen it? Been hankering for a new show to start watching through after finishing The Shield for the first time.

First four seasons of 24 are great to good, aside from certain aspects. You can stop watching at season 4. 5 is uneven but not horrible, 6 is straight-up horrible, 7 is okay, I stopped watching 8 like five episodes in.

5 was my favourite season of 24, but other than that and the fact I never bothered with 7 or 8 at all I agree with Gogo's assessment.

I didn't even know Robert Knepper showed up in Heroes, I dropped that after Season 2. I don't usually give shows second chances. I'm curious how that went.

I didn't even know Robert Knepper showed up in Heroes, I dropped that after Season 2. I don't usually give shows second chances. I'm curious how that went.

Don't be. <_<

I enjoyed Heroes, all the way to the end. Sure, it never really caught the magic/amazingness of the first season, but it was still enjoyable.

I dunno, sometimes I think Heroes maybe was never going to be that great past Season 1. It just felt like they tried to up the character roster whilst maintaining focus on characters people weren't that interested in, which ended up in no one really being all that interesting. I feel like if anything, they would have benefited from cutting the cast of the good side down in the second season and introducing maybe one or two new heroes. There'd have been less time spent pissing around with characters no one cared about and more time developing the interesting ones and the actual story at hand. There's a reason Buffy for example only had a cast of like, 4-5 at most per episode. (at least until the final season)