General Television Thread

Hellfire

I have a hard time watching Suit and not think that it's just sexy guys in, well, suits.

Basically it tries to be super stylish and comes off looking really silly. Like Revenge. God, I hate Revenge.

Don't bad-mouth Suits. You come across as your username. :lol:

And one look at Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt is enough to disqualify your "sexy guys in suits" argument.

Edited by HeadCheese

Okay, so maybe you guys won't listen to me about Suits but you should listen to me when I say you should check out Ray Donovan. Leiv Schreiber may find himself with a couple of Emmys before too long.

Showtime actually put the pilot up on YouTube so I linked it below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjXhhJ7avk

Okay, now that, everyone should watch. See, Livid, you like good shows too! It's not all just Suits and Vampire Diaries :P

Those are good shows. It's not my fault that you have terrible taste in things. :/

I really wish the :/ emoticon worked.

How the fuck is The Sopranos overrated? You obviously haven't watched it from start to finish if you think that. Not only did it set the standard for premium television but it also had excellent writing, an excellent cast and despite what anyone says about it, the perfect ending for the series. Did it suck to watch live? Yup, but after repeat viewings it starts to become much clearer. You can't say something is overrated without giving reasons, otherwise you just come off like your trying to be the cool guy that has the different opinion.

I also don't know how you can watch one episode and decide you don't like it. The length of the show won't be an issue once your a couple in because you will be hooked.

Sopranos isn't that long. Lost and 24 are waaaaay longer due to broadcast tv seasons having at least double the episodes.

How the fuck is The Sopranos overrated? You obviously haven't watched it from start to finish if you think that. Not only did it set the standard for premium television but it also had excellent writing, an excellent cast and despite what anyone says about it, the perfect ending for the series. Did it suck to watch live? Yup, but after repeat viewings it starts to become much clearer. You can't say something is overrated without giving reasons, otherwise you just come off like your trying to be the cool guy that has the different opinion.

I also don't know how you can watch one episode and decide you don't like it. The length of the show won't be an issue once your a couple in because you will be hooked.

Sopranos isn't that long. Lost and 24 are waaaaay longer due to broadcast tv seasons having at least double the episodes.

People will not like things you like. Deal with it.

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Like 3

I must had only caught the tail end of the conversation and chosen to interject on impulse. Stupid me. Lol my iPhone always opens the first unread message and I always forget.

But for the record, just because people won't like what you like doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on it. The world we live is an endless stream of opinions.

But yeah, just got to season 3 of Deadwood and I'm restricting myself to an episode a day. Any other fans here?

Is The Amerixans worth sticking with? I watched the pilot, and whilst it had it's charms, and the actors were solid, the writing seemed to lean way too heavily on cheap emotional jolts, and generally didn't have any real sense of subtlety.