General Television Thread

Hellfire

So I watched Homeland Season 1 and the first episode of Season 2.

Uhh... the only reason to watch the show is Carrie. Danes is an amazing actress, the character is probably one of the best written characters on television in years and she all around rocks. On the other hand, the rest of the show is irritating. Like, every character. Saul is perhaps the only one I kind of care about, but still.... he's kind of awful. Brody and his entire family? Don't care. New Iranian reporter? Don't care. Sauls failing love life? Don't care. Vice President and CIA drama? Don't care.

With that said, I think I'm done with the show. I don't want to watch the rest of the season. I find myself tuning out more and more from dialogue and my mind wondering during the shows. Claire Danes deserves all the Emmy's. Everything else? Meh. It's kind of funny that a lot of other shows struggle to really write a woman properly but can nail other things right (the Walking Dead), but Homeland has one of the best characters on television who is a woman but I find the rest of the show bad.

Homeland...

I liked Brodie in season one, but his season two "waaaah, Carrie, waaah my kids," sudden face turn was just absolutely boring. The guy's motivations got lost somewhere along the way, and I'm praying they fix that in season two or get rid of him. I love Damien Lewis, and he's done a good job with poor characterisation in season two.