General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hannibal Season 1 Spoiler:

Ellen Muth playing a character who thinks she's dead is my new favourite thing about this show. Wonderful.

I also learned that David Tennant almost played Hannibal, and I was surprised to be glad that he didn't, because Mads is perfectly understated and yet somehow still over the top.

Hannibal Season 1 finale spoiler...

Well that was a bit of a let down. I expected the final episode to pack a bit more punch and end on something more cliffhanger-y. There's still loads to work with, but the final moments just gave me a massive sense of "that's it?" Still, can't wait for season two. Mads is perfect in his role, and even if every other character in the show died (which could well happen), he'd be fine carrying the show by himself. Hoping for more Gillian Anderson next season, as well as more interaction between Jack and Hannibal.

• Like 1

Hannibal Season 1 finale spoiler...

Well that was a bit of a let down. I expected the final episode to pack a bit more punch and end on something more cliffhanger-y. There's still loads to work with, but the final moments just gave me a massive sense of "that's it?" Still, can't wait for season two. Mads is perfect in his role, and even if every other character in the show died (which could well happen), he'd be fine carrying the show by himself. Hoping for more Gillian Anderson next season, as well as more interaction between Jack and Hannibal.

Yep.

A nice callback to "Silence of the Lambs" with Graham as the prisoner and Lechter as the psychiatrist. The show took a Game of Thrones approach to the season. Everything with any sense of surprise happened in episodes ten and eleven. Still, it's miles better than Bates Motel in the wanting-make-you-like-the-villain department.

When was the last time there was a HBO show that didn't go to a second season? They all seem to be top notch, the only HBO series I didn't like was Sex And The City.

Luck, last year, because of the accidental horse deaths.

Family Tree hasn't yet been renewed either but supposedly they're working out a deal with the BBC.

When was the last time there was a HBO show that didn't go to a second season? They all seem to be top notch, the only HBO series I didn't like was Sex And The City.

Yeah, it doesn't happen often but before Luck they had a string of a few in 2005-2007 that never got more than one.

Damn you Showtime.

Rhys Ifans (The Amazing Spider-Man, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows) is set to co-star opposite Philip Seymour Hoffman and Kathryn Hahn inShowtime‘s comedy pilot Trending Down. A blistering attack on our youth-obsessed culture, Trending Down centers on Thom Payne (Hoffman), a man facing his own obsolescence after his advertising agency is taken over. BAFTA winner Ifans, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and 42, will play Thom’s (Hoffman) boss, Jonathan. Trending Down is written and executive produced by Shalom Auslander. It was developed by Ken Kwapis, who will executive produce; John Cameron Mitchell is directing.

Yeah, it doesn't happen often but before Luck they had a string of a few in 2005-2007 that never got more than one.

Lucky Louie is one that comes to mind