General Television Thread

Hellfire

When was the last time there was a HBO show that didn't go to a second season? They all seem to be top notch, the only HBO series I didn't like was Sex And The City.

Yeah, it doesn't happen often but before Luck they had a string of a few in 2005-2007 that never got more than one.

John from Cincinnatti?

When was the last time there was a HBO show that didn't go to a second season? They all seem to be top notch, the only HBO series I didn't like was Sex And The City.

Yeah, it doesn't happen often but before Luck they had a string of a few in 2005-2007 that never got more than one.

John from Cincinnatti?

That poor show. You would think debuting after the final episode of "The Sopranos" would be the greatest thing ever. I remember trying to watch that but going online and bitching about the "blackout" and paid zero attention to it.

John from Cincinnatti?

That'd be in that string, yeah. I've never watched it. Always gotten the impression that it was really weird and inaccessible even for David Milch.

Go back and watch it. It very very obviously owes a lot to Ricky Gervais (interestingly, the production schedule makes me think it was being made at the same time as Extras, which covers very similar ground) but it's funny and well-made.

Naked And Afraid.

I think the real show would be cameras documenting the producers talking the people into actually doing this.

"Hey, would you like money and attention for being on TV?"

"Would we?! :w00t: :w00t: "

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up on Parks & Rec up to Season 4 on Netflix and decided to check out a comedy I hadn't seen before, so I went for It's Always Sunny. I chose it mostly for Danny DeVito, only to learn he's not in the first season, but Mac more than made up for his absence. I watched the first two episodes and loved them - the abortion stuff with Den(?) on the fence was hilarious.

About a year after watching the first season, I watched the second season of The Thick of It. It is wonderful.

Still cannot watch too much of The Thick of It. Great show but I always put it on when I'm doing something else, then I get too busy cringing to do anything at all.

Sons of Anarchy is getting its own post-show in the vein of Talkings Dead and Bad, but it's going to air on FX's website. Same format, though, cast members and celebrity guests discussing the episode. I hope this does not become a trend with TV shows, but hey, at least it's online. That's something.