General Television Thread

Hellfire

God I love Masters of Sex, the cast is as phenomenal as the writing.

God, yes. Every character is interesting and every story happening is engaging. I never want it to end.

Plus I'm only about 2/3 through this week's episode, but not a single nipple shot. Progress!

EDIT: Oh well, I guess I should have posted only after I'd seen the entire episode.

In other news, this week's Goldbergs, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Modern Family were awesome. I hope the comedies I watch can keep it up as Parks returns tomorrow! :D

Edited by Extremely Huge Bag of Shit

It just feels kind of pointless. I'll admit he was one of the few highlights of Happy Endings, but it feels like they felt bad that he bet on the wrong horse and decided to throw him a bone. He just doesn't really feel like he adds anything to the dynamic. And Winston turned out to be an infinitely better character in the end.

I'm not like, furious he's around, as I'm hoping this isn't permanent, but the show definitely feels a little less fun when they're forcing him in and using less Schmidt. I'm not really a fan of his story this season, either. He's at his best when he's being an egomaniac to his friends, which he can't really do if he's not around them all that much. :P

He didn't bet on the wrong horse. Happy Endings had already aired its first season but it was doubtful to get renewed so he signed on for New Girl. After Happy Endings got a surprise second season, he was contracted to the show.

Mob City sounds good and has a good cast, but I'm sceptical because I tend to like TNT show premises and then something doesn't click in the final package.

Well, it's not likely a procedural so it's already got one up on...well, everything else they've done.