General Television Thread

Hellfire

I really have liked including Coach back in. They just need to flesh him out because it seems like essentially his backstory was given to Winston. I really wonder why they just didn't recast the Coach role in the first place with Lamont Morris and re-shoot the pilot. Because putting Wayans back into the mix is essentially trying to worm him back into a dynamic where his whole existence had been given to another character and now they are trying to retcon that he's the same level of best friends with everyone else where over the two seasons it had been essentially established that Winston and Nick were best friends in Chicago and they met Schmidt in college. And now it's, "Oh yeah, Coach was there too."

He was originally only signed for four episodes so I'm guessing his original story lines were tailored to give him an out, so hopefully with the news that he's staying on will make things better.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/11/all-24-seasons-of-the-simpsons-will-air-on-fxx-and-online-streaming-beginning-in-2014/

FXX bought the rights to all the seasons of the Simpsons and will be airing them and streaming them.

Everything is coming up Milhouse.

• Like 2

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/11/all-24-seasons-of-the-simpsons-will-air-on-fxx-and-online-streaming-beginning-in-2014/

FXX bought the rights to all the seasons of the Simpsons and will be airing them and streaming them.

Everything is coming up Milhouse.

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD

oh-my-god-o.gif

• Like 5

Not enjoying it, the fact they (episode 3? spoilers)

Killed off one of the only two characters I had any interest in was a real letdown. I feel like they've tried to make up for last season's constant movement by slowing down, but they've gone too far the other way. I doubt I'll stop watching because it's my car crash TV, but it's not doing anything for me this year.

Yea, watching the 2nd episode now and think its a pretty good show...

Though I do have a man crush on Karl Urban :wub:

Since it's not really a direct spinoff (really just tweaking the same premise), I think it could have a longer shelf life than something like Joey. If it gets picked up, I would imagine it'll be around for a few seasons.