General Television Thread

Hellfire

Not sure if serious..

If not, Sopranos doesn't stand for the soprano musicians, but rather the Soprano crime family, headed by Tony Soprano (played by the late James Gandolfini)

I don't mind as long as its done fairly discretely, like the Thor follow up on Shield. I haven't seen Thor 2, but the episode didn't spoil anything I hadn't seen in the trailer. Likewise I think you could probably get away with watching Avengers if you'd missed Thor or Iron Man 2.

If it became the money making exercise that massive comic crossovers can be (you must see this separate thing to the thing you're actually buying otherwise you're missing out!) then I take issue and probably jump ship.

I think there's examples where it's positive and examples where it's negative. Arrow is fantastic and DC would do well to just say "Fuck it, this is a world on it's own, do whatever you want", the same way they should have with Smallville and mostly did. Not letting characters like Bruce Wayne show up because it might confuse people why it's a different actor in the films is stupid. It's a shit or get off the pot situation. For the most part though, Arrow seems to be pretty good with this. And it did stop Ian Somerhalder being Bruce Wayne in Smallville, so it's not all bad.

I like the Marvel connectivity though. And it makes sense because we've been set up to expect Marvel stuff to happen in the same universe.

Though I agree, Terminator isn't something that needs a tie in TV show.

• Like 1

Well, none of them "need" a TV show to tie-in, they just recognize the opportunity to expand the universe.

At the end of the day, it will depend on how good the show is and how good the movies are because if there's a disparity in even one of them, then you'll have a similar backlash that Agents of SHIELD is getting right now (though that's mostly undeserved).