General Television Thread

Hellfire

So yeah. Rick and Morty is pretty great.

I tried watching it and couldn't get past the first episode because Rick's constant screaming (in what I assumed was a failed attempt at zaniness) gave me a genuine headache. Does that get toned down?

Kind of. First half of the first episode is as rocky as the show has been. But Rick is supposed to be an alcoholic version of Doc Brown from Back to the Future, so you should expect certain things.

• Like 1

So yeah. Rick and Morty is pretty great.

I tried watching it and couldn't get past the first episode because Rick's constant screaming (in what I assumed was a failed attempt at zaniness) gave me a genuine headache. Does that get toned down?

Kind of. First half of the first episode is as rocky as the show has been. But Rick is supposed to be an alcoholic version of Doc Brown from Back to the Future, so you should expect certain things.

Ah good, I'll give it another shot tomorrow then.

The Trollied xmas special was good! No Katie or Kieron though. :(

I'm not disappointed by that, they got their dull and predictable happy ending, glad to have them gone. Spoilers...

Sad to see Julie go, I'd rather have Gavin gone if they were going to finish that particular story, but I'm guessing most of the cast had two or three season contracts since most of them are going, so it's more likely a behind the scenes issue than actual stories.

No Treme spoilers but oh my god, watching a David Simon musical montage is a great antidote for all the shitty Kurt Sutter musical montages I've had to fast forward through this year.

• Like 2

So I'm a big sit-com guy and I've finally started watching 2 Broke Girls. And the two new shows that I really enjoy are The Crazy Ones and The Goldbergs(reminds me of my family). I'm also kind of disappointed by the lack of Christmas shows from Parks & Rec, New Girl, and such. I always look forward to the holiday themed episodes and they were sparce this year. It's like every show said eff it we're just going on break.