General Television Thread

Hellfire

As for new Showtime series that will be moving forward, the network is currently in production on the horror show Penny Dreadful from Skyfall writer John Logan and director Sam Mendes, who acts as executive producer. That show stars Josh Hartnett and Eva Green and will debut sometime next year.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

TV is cruel.

• Like 1

It's a real shame about the Vatican show. I can't read the article because it spazzes out on my laptop, but is there a chance it can get picked up by another network or what? What's the reasoning?

Didn't meet expectations/Attansio being difficult to work with. So, I doubt it. I would imagine all parties will just move on.

In the original Deadline article, they do talk about how the Seymour Hoffman comedy pilot should get picked up. So, silver linings!

Family Guy once more

Seth also tweeted that it was done to make people realise that they shouldn't take loved ones for granted as they could be gone in an instant. I guess it's a good way of explaining it, plus with the amount of complaints it got it's not like it didn't affect people so hopefully they'll take note of what they felt for Brian and apply it to their own lives.

Why not both?

Because one comes before the other and I don't buy the writers of Family Guy as aiming for sentimentality before something they could use to shock viewers during one of the sweeps months. It looks bad when it happens in a sweeps month and is undone a couple of weeks later. It just screams as "HAHAHA TWIST!!!". I mean, I could be wrong that's the impression I get.

Sorry, totally didn't say what I meant to with that post.

Yes, it's been done for sweeps, but I think it's entirely possible that they felt that putting out the message of appreciating the people you love was also a good thing to do as they did. Seth's a pretty sentimental guy when he wants to be, and just because it's happened for sweeps doesn't mean that there's not a nice message intentionally put in there.

Sorry, totally didn't say what I meant to with that post.

Yes, it's been done for sweeps, but I think it's entirely possible that they felt that putting out the message of appreciating the people you love was also a good thing to do as they did. Seth's a pretty sentimental guy when he wants to be, and just because it's happened for sweeps doesn't mean that there's not a nice message intentionally put in there.

My point was that doing something for sweeps is fine but don't come back and tell me the reason you did it is because of X instead. X may have been a product of the thought but not the reason for it.