General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm just watching the newest episode of Grey's Anathomy and Dempsey really must've pissed Shonda off. What I expected was a 2 hour special of everyone looking back at Derek and how he influenced them and all that kind of stuff since he pretty much was the male lead of the show. But this episode (I'm about 2/3 through it) isn't much about him at all.

I've been catching up on Entourage to get ready for the movie. Is it a stretch to say that Entourage has the worst cast top-to-bottom in terms of acting ability ever for a hit TV show?

How dare you insult Kevin Dillon.

Just got a chance to watch the Season Finale of Forever. I love the show, which sucks because the ratings for it have not been that great and there is a chance that it may not get renewed which is a travesty. :(

The Forever season finale was all kinds of great. I agree, it really should be renewed. It sucks that the ratings have been dropping every week. Of course, I happen to watch it on a streaming service (it conflicts with Arrow, so I can't record it on my PC to get counted as a DVR watcher), so I don't know whether that affects it or not.

The real issue is, do they have anything to replace it on Tuesday nights? I'm hoping not.

It's unlikely that you're being counted as Nielsen viewer so streaming it is probably the better option in letting them know that you're watching it.

This always confused me. What does it take to be counted as a Nielson viewer? Because I watch a lot of my television through streaming due to it conflicting with my girlfriends shows, or me just plain doing something else.

One of the aggravating things about Nielsen is that they're not exactly transparent with their process. It used to be voluntary (and part of it still is to some extent) but now they "randomly" have tracking data placed in cable boxes to track viewing habits. Typically the goal is familial households, preferably in a major market, so they can try to touch as many demos as possible.

They have started to keep track of other metrics like social media activity but in general the gist of their numbers are a small number of people and then they extrapolate that data based on demographics to fit the entire country.

Edited by livid