General Television Thread

Hellfire

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, S2E1:

Spoiler

Dong learned English from watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and Lillian's ex-flame is Robert Durst. 

"Here in New York, we have this wonderful thing called moral relativism!"

Four episodes deep and Kimmy S2 feels a bit less charming than S1. It's still good, but it feels a bit off for some reason.

Spoiler

The meta joke about the Reverend claiming he invented the "buy the world a Coke" advert was fucking hilarious though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benji said:

An hour through 11.22.63 and it's well made, but doesn't seem particularly interesting. Worth sticking with or shall I leave it for now?

I haven't watched it, but the way I understand it is that it starts out kind of slow and picks up 3 or 4 episodes in.

I hate shows like that these days. It's like they don't fucking realize that there's a fuckton of good TV going on right now, nobody will want to watch your shit if it only picks up after you've invested a good 3 or 4 hours into it.

I usually give a show 2 to 3 episodes before I decide if I want to keep watching or not. Doesn't matter how long each episode is, either. There's a new show on SyFy called HUNTERS that I just watched the first episode of. It looks promising, but I'm going to need to see one or two more episodes to decide. 

Speaking of giving up on shows, I've given up on BLINDSPOT. We had the last 5 episodes on the DVR, and decided to just delete them and stop recording it. 

I have good? Bad? .. news! Castle-maniacs! All one of you! ( @Benji:shifty:). According to Deadline:

Spoiler

Stana Katic (Beckett) is out of season 9, as is Tamala Jones (Lanie, the medical examiner lady). 

http://deadline.com/2016/04/castle-stana-katic-exit-season-9-tamala-jones-out-1201739022/

It'll have a shortened season 9 as well, at 13 episodes.

• Like 1

It hasn't technically been picked up for a season 9 yet, so it just might. Rumor I read was that this season's finale was shot twice, once with a cliffhanger ending (presumably to lead into S9), and one without.

Has anyone been watching Outsiders on WGN? It had its 1st season finale last night, and Uproxx was big ups-ing the series leading into the finale. It's got David Morse and Ryan Hurst in it, and is about a clan of Kentucky mountain people, the town nearby their settlement, and a coal mining operation that covets the land the clan lives on. Seems like it might be pretty good, thinking about picking it up now that the first season's wrapped.

I love/loved Galavant. It was a miracle it ever made it past the pilot stage to get a full season, then another miracle that it got a second season, can't imagine it's going to somehow get a third.

7 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I love/loved Galavant. It was a miracle it ever made it past the pilot stage to get a full season, then another miracle that it got a second season, can't imagine it's going to somehow get a third.

With season 2 from January, there's still hope that there's a renewal for season 3 coming. It's just such a fresh take on comedy, and all the characters are just completely dialed in and the chemistry is brilliant.

Even if ABC doesn't somehow extend it despite season two having rave reviews, I hope there's a smaller network that would continue it.