General Television Thread

Hellfire

Aw, Muppets. :( I still haven't finished season 2!

The writing was on the wall for Grinder and Galavant, even though I've heard both were good shows. Bordertown looked shit, was critically panned. Not surprised there, or about Castle given recent news. 

Holy shit, a CSI show got canceled. :o

Also, in more Castle news, apparently there were "growing tensions" between Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion anyway.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't think any Castle fans are sad to see it go. It went on two or three seasons too long. Still an okay show, but clearly jumped the shark.

Eh....I still watch it, but as soon as they announced that Beckett wouldn't be back next season, I decided I was done after this one. If it hadn't been cancelled, it sure as heck would have been a few episodes into the next season. (And I mean yanked cancelled, not finish the season then done)

• Like 1

The thing holding me back from watching The Grinder was my distaste for Rob Lowe. Which is a shame since the rest of the cast was so good.

I'm a little sad about The Muppets going but I never even finished the first season. The creative retooling at midseason felt more jarring to me than anything else.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Benji said:

In news that probably only affects me and maybe @Baddar(?) Nashville's fourth season will be its last.

Thank god,  the show has been such a hot mess over.  I wish the season opener was actually the series finale.

Just now, Benji said:

It's not aired in the UK yet, but I have heard nothing but bad things about it.

It wasn't anything amazing but it would have made an okay finale to the show.  

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

The thing holding me back from watching The Grinder was my distaste for Rob Lowe. Which is a shame since the rest of the cast was so good.

I'm a little sad about The Muppets going but I never even finished the first season. The creative retooling at midseason felt more jarring to me than anything else.

Really? I thought the change in showrunners made it a really good show, had a lot of new stuff while still keeping that warmth that the Muppets usually have and lacked in the first half of the season.

Still sad about it being cancelled, it was on an upward slope quality-wise. 

Speaking of ABC shows, the Goldbergs is fucking amazing. They managed to make an amazing episode about a fucking T-shirt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Benji said:

Sorry, I meant the season as a whole not the premier.

Oh yeah, it's been pretty terrible. I'm watching just in the vain hope that they'll do SOMETHING right, but now I'm just going to watch to finish out the series since I invested some time into it. Also, Maddie is the WORST 

On 5/14/2016 at 08:22, Alexis Sanchez said:

President Bartlett's put down of Dr. Jacobs in S2 of the West Wing is one of the greatest scenes I've ever seen.

"In this building, when the President stands, nobody sits."

Amazing.

I still reference this to friends whenever I get the chance. Simply sensational.

I'm just going to stop watching new shows when they premiere. Every show I start watching from the beginning in the past 5 years ends up getting cancelled after 1 season. :(