L33t Thread 2010

YI

New Gaslight Anthem 7-inch. The cover of "Tumbling Dice" by Rolling Stones is really nice BUT the American Slang b-side "She Loves Me" is totally the win. Needs to be incorporated live IMMEDIATELY! It'll work so fucking well (well it would if people knew what it was/were game for a sing-song). The chorus is bloody massive...oh turns out they have done it live quite a lot earlier in the year. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Yeah, that's what I meant. Would love to have heard it. :( Weather wants to start clearing up...grrr, I want to go to some random gigs, but I cannot be shitted in this weather.

Lass I'm crushing on is obsessed with;

...I'm backing too, quality tune.

Speaking of Katy's. That new Katy Perry track is massive too. Despite having some of the most ridiculous lyrics ever, and having a chorus suspiciously similar to her last single ("Teenage Dream", which I hated, funnily);

Edited by YI

Gabrielle Aplin is here tonight. I could probably go...but fuck if I can't be arsed in the weather. And even though I haven't really seen it in the past couple of days, I presume the only way I want to go down Stepney Bank is on a sled, so fuck that noise. She'll be back...hopefully...she can hardly break up with herself. :shifty:

Plus whatever shot I had of travelling to make one of the Transit/Man Overboard shows is probably gone.

Nothing much in the way of albums lately (or if there has been, I haven't noticed). Only thing I've been listening to a fair bit is the Crucial Dudes album, which is also the first 2011 leak I've gotten. Album's pretty killer, although nothing's as good as "I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pants, Bro". Love the singer's voice. Great melodic hardcore/pop-punk band. Someone needs to get these guys and Such Gold over next year.

That's the title track. A good idea of what you're in for, although either "Contour" or "Billy 2" are probably my favourites.

Also, you can stream the new No Trigger 7-inch;

http://www.punknews.org/bands/notrigger

First song is MASSIVE! Fuck the 2nd song has just got to the "letting me know...letting me know" bit...yeah, that's massive too! Their debut album, "Canyoneer" is fucking awesome, 'aged' really well. There's a bunch of CD's I liked from around then I don't really listen to anymore, "Canyoneer" still gets a big play. Can't wait for the new album. Plus they need to tour again. I missed half their set supporting A Wilhelm Scream, didn't even realise they were support before I got there.

Edited by YI

Frank Turner set from Thursday night:

Eulogy

Poetry Of The Deed

Try This At Home

I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous

Vital Signs

Peggy

Worse Things Happen At Sea

Motel Blues - Loudon Wainwright III cover.

Love Ire & Song

Father's Day

I Still Believe

Nashville Tennessee

If Ever I Stray

Substitute

The Next Round

Long Live The Queen

Reasons Not To Be An Idiot

Sons Of Liberty

The Road

------------------------

The Ballad Of Me And My Friends

Photosynthesis

Listening to new Deadmau5. He does far too much looping...yeah if you're off your tits it's all good, love a bit of repetition and all that. First track "Some Chords" sounded pretty awesome at first...but by the time the 7-MINUTES! was up, I was fucking sick of it, having realised the main riff is basically a 1-bar loop...1-bar! Having said that, would still be a proper 'live' banger though. :shifty:

His sort of half-arsed attempts at dubstep towards the end of the album is rather hilarious too. It's all too clean. The breakdown on "Raise Your Weapon" should be the dirtiest thing ever, but it just doesn't really work. "Bad Selection" sounds like moderate Clark song, so don't mind that. The single "Animal Rights", which sounds like a Daft Punk remix isn't bad either...but suffers a shitload from repetition again. But then again, maybe I'm missing the point, it's not really an album to listen to sober at 1pm, whilst eating haggis.

Can stream the new Blackpool Lights EP (Jim from Get Up Kids sideproject/band he started when they split);

http://legionofboom.bandcamp.com/album/okie-baroque

They've got a new album out next year. The first was really good. In fact all the Get Up Kids 'side-projects' were pretty awesome. The New Amsterdams, Blackpool Lights, White Whale...sadly probably better than whatever the future TGUK's output will be. :shifty: Still, I got to see them live, I shouldn't complain. :D

Listening to new Deadmau5. He does far too much looping...yeah if you're off your tits it's all good, love a bit of repetition and all that. First track "Some Chords" sounded pretty awesome at first...but by the time the 7-MINUTES! was up, I was fucking sick of it, having realised the main riff is basically a 1-bar loop...1-bar! Having said that, would still be a proper 'live' banger though. :shifty:

You don't happen to know what dance music is, do you?

You don't happen to know what dance music is, do you?

Fair point, but there's still dance music that's fun enough to listen to regularly.

My calendar makes me extremely happy:

Dec 30/31 - Gogol Bordello (maybe one day OR maybe both!)

January 8 - Max Levine Ensamble/Bomb the Music Industry!/Delay/Good Luck

January 9 - Chris Clavin (dude from Ghost Mice)

January 10 - Chris Clavin again because why the fuck not?

Perfect end of the semester celebration!