L33t Thread 2010

YI

Brian Fallon's blog;

Dire Straits... best band no body talks about. When we start writing our new record, which should be around the 1st of the year or so, I'm thinking of really taking Dire Straits and the blues much more seriously. I think there's been a lack in blues music's updating for the last few years. There was Jack White, which was cool, but I think I'd like to hear blues songs with chorus's. That might be my new goal. Which kinda reminds me that Mark Knopfler was a genius and people don't say that enough. If you're looking for some new music this year, I suggest you check out his new record. It's called Get Lucky. I love it. And also check out "On Every Street, So Far Away, and Romeo and Juliette" by Dire Straits.

:D :D :D :D :D

Edited by YI

Brian Fallon's blog;

Dire Straits... best band no body talks about. When we start writing our new record, which should be around the 1st of the year or so, I'm thinking of really taking Dire Straits and the blues much more seriously. I think there's been a lack in blues music's updating for the last few years. There was Jack White, which was cool, but I think I'd like to hear blues songs with chorus's. That might be my new goal. Which kinda reminds me that Mark Knopfler was a genius and people don't say that enough. If you're looking for some new music this year, I suggest you check out his new record. It's called Get Lucky. I love it. And also check out "On Every Street, So Far Away, and Romeo and Juliette" by Dire Straits.

:D :D :D :D :D

Ace. Is it wrong though, that as much as I lvoe Dire Straits, my favourite will always be Walk of Life, which is a bit more 80s cheese-pop than anything else?

Also, I saw Johnny Flynn in Bristol last night, amazing. There was a Canadian chick supporting, I can't spell or pronounce her name, but she has one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard live.

It's a good tune, but there's just something about them I find kind of weird. It might be that 9-month ago they were an emo band trying their best not to break into faux-American accents, now they've up and changed their name, bought a few pair of sunglasses and suddenly they're an Oasis-revival act. It just reeks of trying to cash in on whatever trends are around at a time (at least they're not pulling any bullshit with it though, or trying to hide the fact). Still, I much prefer them to anything I've heard by The Vaccines, so if the tunes are good I'll probably like.

Edited by YI

Yeah; I heard a lot of hype behind the Vaccines and it really fell flat on my ears. I read an article about Brother in NME, and I just wanted to see what the fuss was about. They don't remind me of Oasis all that much, or not closely enough to be warranted an Oasis rip-off. I'll check out the eventual album when it comes out. But for now, I just want to get a copy of Time Machine on my ipod because it's just a fun track.

Yeah; I heard a lot of hype behind the Vaccines and it really fell flat on my ears. I read an article about Brother in NME, and I just wanted to see what the fuss was about. They don't remind me of Oasis all that much, or not closely enough to be warranted an Oasis rip-off. I'll check out the eventual album when it comes out. But for now, I just want to get a copy of Time Machine on my ipod because it's just a fun track.

Thought for a moment you were talking about Tin Machine there. But you weren't.

gutter.

Saw this guy open up for Mikey Erg and Houseboat the other day. If you don't know Houseboat, you should also check them out, but right now I think I can only embed one video per post so I'm going with this because I felt bad for this guy because I couldn't find him a place to sleep.

How are Bright Eyes live? My girlfriend wants to see them live in March. I'm sure I'll be going regardless, but I'm just wondering. I'm not all that familiar with Oberst's catalog, but what I have heard, I really like. Especially "Cassadaga".

First major 2011 leaks are filtering through. Added to "61 Penn" by Crucial Dudes, I'm currently downloading the new Decemberists and new The Dø album (needs to be as good as "Playground Hustle" throughout, amazing track, but killed the last album, because the rest of it was nowhere near as good). New Glassjaw EP too.

New Death Cab album Easter-ish, "Codes & Keys". More piano and more Chris Walla apparently.

New Pulley album next year too...can't believe it'd be 7-years since "Matters" came out...I still remember it vividly.

Edited by YI

New announcements made for Evolution Festival. Really doubt I'll be going this year (£35, fuck off, headliners are shit too...I remember when it was free). But Caribou have just been announced, which is fucking awesome...would love to see Caribou. :(

Edited by YI