L33t Thread 2010

YI

Pulled Apart By Horses are touring with Gay For Johnny Depp and Young Legionnaire and it's only a tenner.

I just died and went to hardcore heaven.

Same night as Gaslight Anthem/Chuck Ragan/Sharks (and Paramore) here. :(

And in my attempt to "Make Ollie Jealous Pt.2" I'm literally just back from seeing Minus The Bear. :D

They've also added annoying as fuck Underground style "The next station is..." to the metro, it's annoying as fuck, I'm sure it wasn't on at the weekend when I used it. :/

Edited by YI

Gogol Bordello is easily my favorite live band. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I get to see them with Man Man (again) around New Year's in DC!!! w00t.gif

But...I can't think of any shows I'll be going to before then (besides CHIKARA this Sunday, but that does not count), which means I'll go more than thirty days without going to a show. This must change. Time to scour the interweb for house shows.

FUCKING "1930"!!!! That is all!

Had been drinking since 2, so was very drunk. Seem to remember a good chunk from "Sink Or Swim", which got varied reactions. :/ Still got a fucking awful hangover. :(

Setlist.fm tells me;

The Spirit of Jazz

Boxer

We Came to Dance

The Diamond Church Street Choir

Old White Lincoln

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?

Wooderson

Miles Davis and the Cool

Bring It On

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts

The Queen of Lower Chelsea

Stay Lucky

Once Upon A Time (Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise cover)

Great Expectations

'59 Sound

We Did It When We Were Young

Encore:

Goodnight Irene (Huddie Ledbetter cover)

American Slang

Boomboxes and Dictionaries

Say I Won't

Here's Looking at You, Kid

The Backseat

Cannot remember some of that in the slightest (The Robert Bradley cover for instance).

Setlist.fm also tells me Leeds got "Red At Night"...HOLY FUCK. :o

Edited by YI

I'm away to Gaslight tonight in Edinburgh (excited even if I can barely stand due to hurting my leg last night at Zebrahead/Less Than Jake).

Setlists from the tour so far have looked absolutely amazing, Glasgow in June (couldn't make it as it was at the Academy) got We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner so if they want to play that in Edinburgh that would be just perfect :wub:

Frightened Rabbit fucking KILLED IT tonight! Pretty much the most sober I've been at a show for years. :shifty: Still awesome though.

Set;

Things

Modern Leper

Nothing Like You

Old Old Fashioned

Heads Roll Off

Not Miserable

I Feel Better

The Wrestle

Good Arms vs. Bad Arms (Acoustic)

Skip The Youth

Fast Blood

Backwards Walk

Be Less Rude

Swim

Living In Colour

Keep Yourself Warm

=======================

Poke (Acoustic)

The Twist

The Loneliness and The Scream

Support were Admiral Fallow and The Neat. I thought The Neat were on first...they weren't. So we missed the majority of Admiral Fallow (who sounded brilliant), but they're apparently back with a headline show in March. The Neat are one of the most god awful bands I've seen live. Just fucking bad. Really fucking bad. They try to do the whole post-punk thing, but the tunes are uninspired and the singer had more chance of finding Jill Dando's killer in the deepest regions of my arse than he was of finding an in-tune note.

Also, got to give big love for Frightened Rabbit for being a band dirty enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable singing along with a girl I'd only met 2-hours previously.

6 gigs in 12-days. Been awesome. No idea when my next show will be though. :(

Edited by YI

Frightened Rabbit fucking KILLED IT tonight! Pretty much the most sober I've been at a show for years. :shifty: Still awesome though.

Set;

Things

Modern Leper

Nothing Like You

Old Old Fashioned

Heads Roll Off

Not Miserable

I Feel Better

The Wrestle

Good Arms vs. Bad Arms (Acoustic)

Skip The Youth

Fast Blood

Backwards Walk

Be Less Rude

Swim

Living In Colour

Keep Yourself Warm

=======================

Poke (Acoustic)

The Twist

The Loneliness and The Scream

Support were Admiral Fallow and The Neat. I thought The Neat were on first...they weren't. So we missed the majority of Admiral Fallow (who sounded brilliant), but they're apparently back with a headline show in March. The Neat are one of the most god awful bands I've seen live. Just fucking bad. Really fucking bad. They try to do the whole post-punk thing, but the tunes are uninspired and the singer had more chance of finding Jill Dando's killer in the deepest regions of my arse than he was of finding an in-tune note.

Also, got to give big love for Frightened Rabbit for being a band dirty enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable singing along with a girl I'd only met 2-hours previously.

6 gigs in 12-days. Been awesome. No idea when my next show will be though. :(

God yes. Saw them at V and they were fucking fantastic. Such a bloody good band. Can't wait to see them live again; they left a real impression on me.

I'm into Everything Everything at the moment. Contemplating getting a ticket to a gig where they're supporting some pretty good headliners.

Ditto, its a cracking album. That NME tour looks quite handy early next year, despite me not being a big Crystal Castles fan.

Pretty much the most sober I've been at a show for years. :shifty: Still awesome though.

Pffff, I go to shows sober all the time. And this includes this year's Bonnaroo, which is seemingly a marathon of beer and corn. I can only think of one show off the top of my head (Tiesto in 2009) where I was really hammered for much of the time.

P.S.: Go to 'Roo '11

So, I was going to be seeing Throbbing Gristle next weekend, but Genesis P-Orridge quit the band. They decided the rest of the band would still play as X-TG so, while not nearly as good, I was still looking forward to it. Now one of them's died. I mean, jeez, if Throbbing Gristle didn't want to play ATP, they should have just said.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?

Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts

So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,

And to stop the muscle that makes us confess

And we are so fragile,

And our cracking bones make noise,

And we are just,

Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys

Had a shitty day ( a shitty week to be honest), I'm wet, tired, lonely as hell, and that song came on random. Haven't heard it in a long-long time. Made me just want to crawl into bed in self pity. :( But on the other hand, it is a bloody lovely track though, so has actually cheered me up. :)

And soberness at shows is generally a fucking awful thing. I mean I don't always get arseholed (although it's preferable :shifty:), there's times I only have a few drinks while bands are on. However, the notion of being in a pub/bar/club/carpark/field (:shifty:) and not ordering a drink freaks me out ridiculously though.

Edited by YI

Quality of supports/price of the venue often has some relevance (good supports + expensive bar = not going to get drunk. Probably limit myself to 3/4, depending on duration/how 'wild' the headliner will be). Where Frightened Rabbit were, pints were like £4, which is more expensive than the O2's, which is ridiculous. But if I had been feeling well I'd still have probably had 3/4 pints instead of the one that I had. Places that hike up prices for gigs are cunts anyway. Also, when Casiotone For The Painfully alone moved from Head Of Steam to Other Rooms I was pissed off, "So I can't have a nice pint of Stowford Press for like £2.80, I now have to pay £4 for a bottle of Magners because for some ridiculous reason they have nothing upstairs on tap? (It's not as if you're a fully functioning club or anything!) Fuck off!". And don't even get me fucking started on plastic cups. Fucking plastic cups. The bane of my life. Jesus I hate plastic fucking cups. At least the Magners was in a glass bottle.

I'm in a terrible mood.

In a perfect world;

1) No price hikes for gigs

2) Glass glasses

3) Don't be gay...have a real bar

Edited by YI