UFC 2010

9 to 5

The transition thing seems so much harder this year.. me and my roommate play and he won't even transition block and I can't transition out from bottom.. I suck on the ground so I either get lucky and keep it on the feet or he GNPs me to death.

6-1 now in the WFA with 5 KO's and 1 Sub. The Boogie Man is on the rise :)

Love the clinch against the cage just dominated and knocked him out with a knee in the 2nd

Still having problems with submitting people, but otherwise, won the title in Career mode.

Interesting that unlike in 2009 you actually have to win a contender match to get a title shot, and there's a weigh-in cutscene too.

Unlocking stuff is also really easy in Title Defense mode, just keep winning and you get tons of points.

has anyone played as Shaq yet ? I haven't gotten the code to work. Also what all was added/fixed in the recent patch ? If it's anything major I'll have to find a way to download it.

according to people over at mma-caf.com a stats glitch has been found. I've tried it on PS3 but the stats stay the same. the only cool thing is you can go in and fill in your techniques in case you missed a move you wanted from one of the camps.

How do you guys manage to have time to go to camps so much. I only get a few chances through the years because I'm either having to train,spar or rest.

The real Shaq code is Right, Up, Left, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, X, Y, Y, X, Start...you'll get a confirmation message. He's not great, but his punches are pretty fun, he's got some looping crosses that are fun to connect.

^For PS3ers, replace "X, Y, Y, X" with "Square Triangle Triangle Square".

Yeah, Shaq isn't that great stats-wise.

I beat Sherk for the title in a match in which he dominated me with the clinch. I upped my clinch grappling offence and defence attributes and add the Muay Thai clinch to my offence. I beat Diego Sanchez and Frank Edgar by knocking them out with knees from the Muay Thai clinch. I face Sherk in the rematch and suddenly he is avoiding the clinch for all he is worth, ended up knocking him out in the third still with a beautiful forward sway into overhand left, right behind the ear.

I'm moving up to Walterweight now because I've cleaned out the division. Despite never, ever, fighting Tyson Griffin. Weird. When I was ranked 3rd he was ranked 2nd, and I've never had the option of facing him. Oh well. First fight is against Amir Sadollah who is ranked 5th. Will be interesting how I fair. I've added the suplex you guys have mentioned to my repertoire, so he won't see that coming. I'm going to try and wear him down before suplexing him, getting to mount and knocking him out.

ATT has a lot of the non-clinch Muay Thai stuff, I'd consider going there.

So someone tell me if this is how stat degrading works - if you don't work on it, at least one point it moves from being a "Stable" skill to one that will fall if you don't invest time in it?

yeah if you don't work a stat within 2 weeks it will start to degrade as far as I can tell

Strong knee to the body from Muay Thai clinch against the cage is a really great way to completely destroy people's abdomen. I was causing Lyoto to get rocked when I was training against him to get the move.

So someone tell me if this is how stat degrading works - if you don't work on it, at least one point it moves from being a "Stable" skill to one that will fall if you don't invest time in it?

yeah if you don't work a stat within 2 weeks it will start to degrade as far as I can tell

Figured I should give you some help here. When you first start your career, spar and train every other week, resting once between. It'll be hard to avoid stat decaying, but it will certainly minimize it. Also, do some focused sparring everyone once in a while to keep some bouns points handy, that always works. When you're fighting in the WFA, game plan and camp invites should only be done when you have enough weeks between fights to squeeze one in.

Once you get to the UFC, that's when you start with the Camp Invites. Look around at all of the camps to see which moves you want the most. One thing that I've found that makes it easy is to have a handful of fights on the undercard because you are going to win the majority of the time, so that will make it easier to go to camps, spar and train and all of that. Once you step up you competition, however, is when you really need to start learning moves for the kind of fighter you want to make and make sure to game plan because it will give you a temporary +10 boost to stats depending on how you want the fight to go.

Bascially, once you start getting ranked in the top ten is when you really start trying to master moves and learn new ones. That's what has worked best for me anyways.

By the way, I have retired my LHW fighter already, I think I ended up with a 40something-7. I knew that I only had seven losses, the majority of which were to Shogun. I won the belt three times and successfully defended it twice. I bounced around between me, Rampage, Rashad, Machida and Shogun, although me and Shogun had more title wins(Shogun had 4). Ryan Bader ended up ending my reign as champ when he GNP'd me into obilivion. Never really got to move up to Heavyweight, although I wouldn't have considering my massive lack of a ground game. I lost 4 of my last 7 fights, but went out on a high note winning my last three against Thiago Silva, Steve Cantwell and Shogun(Me and him fought 8 freakin' times, split 4-4.) And I actually only went to desicion like three times.

Now I started a Welterweight BJJ and have just been making fools tap like bitches in the WFA. Got my first UFC fight against Anthony Jonhson.

Got KO'd by Cantwell via Superman punch AGAIN, Fought Bader in a go or go back to the minors fight and KO of the nighted him (It was a sick KO too, Got him with lb/->/Y after he missed me and I caught him in the side of the head) then fought Cantwell again in my first TV fight and proceeded to TKO him in the first. Fighting Bonnar again next.

MMA Record: 12-5 - UFC Record: 4-4

UFC Opponents:

Ryan Bader x2 (1-1)

Krzysztof Soszynski (1-0)

Stephan Bonnar x2 (1-1)

Steve Cantwell x3 (1-2)

I think I need to start mixing up my opponents.