L.A. Noire

Gene Kiniski

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1135354p1.html

IGN says it's a retooled old school adventure game. Yes, you can explore LA as you see fit, but it's not full of side quests and the game is a much more linear affair.

Honestly, I'd rather it was more of a game than Heavy Rain was. Not that I want ANOTHER boring as shit sandbox game, but I'd like for them to find an interesting medium between the two.

The problem will be that it´s much easyer to creat a fun open world game than a game like heavy rain that has a storys that actualy issent full of plotholes and far less stale than it was hyped as.

I didn't find Heavy Rain to be stale, so I'm glad it's heading more in that direction than GTA, but I don't really think it'll be much like Heavy Rain. Perhaps the Jayden crime scene parts, but thats probably it. That IGN article made it a lot more exciting for me, I'm actually looking forward to it now, but I'm still not sure how it's going to work. Relying on the facial expressions, posture and vocal clues of the characters to decide if they're lying or not is an awesome concept, but having the technology to actually pull it off accurately is a whole different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd rather it was more of a game than Heavy Rain was. Not that I want ANOTHER boring as shit sandbox game, but I'd like for them to find an interesting medium between the two.

The problem will be that it´s much easyer to creat a fun open world game than a game like heavy rain that has a storys that actualy issent full of plotholes and far less stale than it was hyped as.

For me Heavy Rain was a million times more fun and less stale than GTA-IV. Red Dead is great, but I think open world wouldn't work with the sort of game they are trying to make. I don't think open world works well enough to sustain or add to a story driven game.

• 2 months later...

This trailer has me more interested in the game than anything I've actually heard of it before now. It's nice to finally know something about it other than talk of how it's revolutionary with little evidence as to if it actually will be or not. Like I said, I'm hoping this is more sandbox than Heavy Rain inspired, because after Red Dead I have a lot of faith in Rockstar to develop a decent sandbox game that's not set in modern times.

Exactly, This from the looks of it really doesn't need to have multiplayer imo just focus all the energy on making a great single player experience.

Like with the new Dead Space game, the 1st one was a really good single player game but now for the second one there adding multiplayer when it really isn't needed same with Bioshock 2 etc. This looks like one of the games that shouldnt have multiplayer.

In terms of the trailer it looks pretty damn good as mentioned Rockstar had a great game in Red Dead (Much much better than the GTA single player in terms of story) and I think they can do it again with LA Noire.

This trailer has me more interested in the game than anything I've actually heard of it before now. It's nice to finally know something about it other than talk of how it's revolutionary with little evidence as to if it actually will be or not. Like I said, I'm hoping this is more sandbox than Heavy Rain inspired, because after Red Dead I have a lot of faith in Rockstar to develop a decent sandbox game that's not set in modern times.

Holy shit that looks like a film trailer.

This game looks absolutely amazing, you can see the amount of detail they put in just looking at how the faces move. Looking at this also has me excited for the inevitable GTA IV sequel which will hopefully come out in this generation of consoles.