UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22018/quinton-rampage-jackson-vs-thiago-silva-targeted-for-ufc-130.mma

Rampage vs. Thiago Silva also aiming for 130. That's gonna be one hell of a show.

I could even see the winner of this getting a title shot given the sorry state of UFC's 205 division at the moment...especially if Rampage wins. Of course if Couture beats Machida he'll get the shot first.

With the way how the division is virtually pretty much booked involving all the top fighters a win for either guy could very well put them towards a title shot more so Rampage what with him having beaten Machida.

I could see Jones/Bader winner looking at Rampage/Silva winner depending on the outcome of Machida/Couture.

Toss in that MMAJunkie is now reporting Phil Davis/Matt Hamill for UFC129 and Franklin/Griffin already on tap the 205 division is looking more interesting in the upcoming months.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

Looks like Guida/Pettis will take place later this year as well (130 or 131 possibly). Florian is/was campaigning for the Pettis fight himself.

Called it.

Edgar/Maynard 2 appears to be agreed for UFC 130.

3 (Y)

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If Mark Hominick beats George Roop on the 22nd and comes out of it in decent shape, he'll challenge Jose Aldo at the Toronto show.

More importantly, LESNAR/DOS SANTOS AS ULTIMATE FIGHTER COACHES :w00t:

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Haha, holy fuck, that will be amazing. Brock Lesnar, the man who doesn't own a television, in a reality show. Amazing.

You're forgetting his time on the longest-running primetime episodic sports entertainment weekly programming featuring Vince McMahon and others in purported legitimate competition? :P

My only worry is that this will sort of over-expose Brock. But I'm sure ratings for this season will be very, very good.

Unless of course after 2 episodes Brock says fuck it and goes on a month-long fly fishing trip.

This. I want this to happen. As much as I have steered away from being a Brock fan I would watch a month of Brock fly fishing as long as the octagon was waterside and he shouted out cornering advice between cast.

I'm not sure how Brock fits in as JDS' opponent though. I don't see him being able to beat Dos Santos. Junior has the ability to out strike Lesnar and if it goes to the ground I honestly believe that his BJJ, under Big Nog and A. Silva, will be able to pose a major threat to the wrestling.

If Mark Hominick beats George Roop on the 22nd and comes out of it in decent shape, he'll challenge Jose Aldo at the Toronto show.

If that happens, Toronto is gonna be a HUGE show! Two UFC title fights (St-Pierre vs Shields & Aldo Vs Hominick), the legend Randy Couture vs former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, former WEC lightweight champ Ben Henderson vs submission ace Mark Bocek and top prospect Phil Davis vs Matt Hamill...

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Oh I know. I mean Hominick won't stand a chance, but even so that will be an incredible show.

And it's looking like I'll even be in Toronto...

...the weekend before the show. :(

• Like 1

I really used to dislike Roy Nelson, mostly after TUF. But he's growing on me...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22106/ufcs-nelson-welcomes-fight-with-mir-still-eyes-meeting-with-carwin.mma

That's just a funny article right there.

Apparently he is petitioning via Twitter to have Brock pick him as one of his assistant coaches. That'd kick ass.

• Like 1