UFC News and Discussion Thread

It's a good idea considering the wide audience you could get through facebook. Dunno what the quality would be like but by saying "Like our official page and you can watch two fights" it's pretty decent

Guest Spud Webb

UFC has filed a lawsuit against Justin.tv, which will do a whole lot to take down justin.tv and absolutely nothing to stop people from finding ways to stream UFC shows for free.

Ya gotta start somewhere, besides, they been shutting streams down left, right and center for ages, luckily for me being in the UK I get them for free anyway, so it doesn't affect me.

Also, the show is 1 hour earlier tonight than usual, amirite?

Guest Spud Webb

Ya gotta start somewhere, besides, they been shutting streams down left, right and center for ages, luckily for me being in the UK I get them for free anyway, so it doesn't affect me.

Also, the show is 1 hour earlier tonight than usual, amirite?

But the thing is, people will find other places to stream. They always have. And if you're just going after the site owners, that won't make a bit of difference - they're not the people buying and rebroadcasting the shows.

No doubt, but majority of streamers are using Justin.tv

I'm not saying it's gonna stop streamers, but at least for a little while, it'll slow it down.

According to Dana, the number of people watching streams was 55.000 for UFC 125

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Good show. Guillard looks like a beast and certainly deserves a step up in competition, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but so does Mitrione. Kongo maybe?

And Hominick's performance actually gave me a tiny sliver of hope for him against Aldo.

Hominick was fucking great, he received some good kicks early in the round but after the first time he connected Roop straight in the left eye I knew he was going to TKO him with those same punches. Guillard was a fucking beast, poor Dunham is now loss two straight. Hopefully Guillard gets someone better, maybe Sotiropoulos (or whatever way that's spelled).

Didn't watch Yves/Cody but read it on MMAJunkie and saw that it won FOTN. McKenzie should never lose, he's too awesome.

Hominick was fucking great, he received some good kicks early in the round but after the first time he connected Roop straight in the left eye I knew he was going to TKO him with those same punches. Guillard was a fucking beast, poor Dunham is now loss two straight. Hopefully Guillard gets someone better, maybe Sotiropoulos (or whatever way that's spelled).

Didn't watch Yves/Cody but read it on MMAJunkie and saw that it won FOTN. McKenzie should never lose, he's too awesome.

George has won 8 in a row (7 in the UFC). It's not his fault his build has been far too slow and they haven't really challenged him. On the back of that many wins in a row he deserves a shot. I don't think he beats Edgar or Maynard but he has to be the next in line. I also think Guillard would murder him.

Mitrione needs a jump up. I'd give Pat Barry Cheick and have Mitrione fight Struve.

Been reading that Carwin has Kongo at UFC 131. I'd like to see Mitrione and Barry go at it but aren't they training partners/best friends or something like that?

Where have you been "reading" this at? This is the second time I've seen someone claim "I read somewhere" about this fight without a source (unless you also post on the UG).

Mitrione and Barry are friends, yes, and while they used to train together Matt has been at Carlson Gracie Team MMA recently while Barry trains with Death Clutch.

Wow... also impressed by Mark Hominick, Matt Mitrione and Melvin Guillard. Very nice wins for all of them. Although Aldo is still very much the favorite, at least Hominick now looks as somewhat of a dangerous contender. (Something Josh Grispi didn't look like)... I also agree Guillard should face someone like Sotiropoulos next (or maybe Sean Sherk?).

Mitrione was impressive but let's not go too quick. I don't want to see him lose against Carwin or Lesnar now. Problem is, there are not that many recognisable heavyweight-gatekeepers in the UFC. Perhaps Pat Barry would be ok. Really hated his (Barry's) speech though. How fake can one go... I also don't like the 'Fight for the Troops'-concept btw. A country which has a military budget as huge as the US has should at least take care of its injured soldiers itself instead of letting the citizens raise fundings...