UFC News and Discussion Thread

Assuncao out as well so Barao now has no other competition for the next shot and his re-match with Dillashaw.

I feel really bad for Cruz, I never used to like him but his attitude towards his comeback and the win on his return made me do so. Now this comes along to screw him over again.

Both of those fights are fine with me for TJ, whatever order they are in, but my issue is, who in 9-12 months will be ready for a shot at 135? Nobody appears to be standing out at the minute :/

Or you know maybe Frankie will drop another weight class for a title shot <_<

Frankie vs. Dillashaw would be a fun fight, actually. Always though Frankie would be great at 135, but then again he's already been a beast at light and featherweight.

It could be Barao / TJ in spring, then Assuncao in August / September, maybe? By that time maybe Cruz will be back, but considering this is his third knee injury, although it's on the other knee, no one knows when he'll be back. I say they give Joe Soto another shot :shifty:

That's what the timetable in my head was looking like, maybe someone can get a bit of a streak going and look like a contender in the mean time?

Otherwise, assuming champions stay the same, I'd be happy with a TJ/DJ super fight which then also gives both 125 and 135 more time to develop challengers.

Just the current lightweight champion and the best welterweight outside the UFC? There's probably more but my brain isnt working right.

It doesn't have to do with which camp has produced the most or anything like that. Some guys like the style of coaching or the different methods used, or have been shown that they're going to get acclimated easier there.

The most significant though I think is that it's fucking close to Chicago.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Punk, who comes from a wrestling background.