UFC News and Discussion Thread

His body is his weak spot. He had some form of stomach surgery, more than once if I recall correctly, and RDA did the smart thing and went right for it. That and his loss to Pettis clearly showed that he's susceptible to body shots, which isn't great news if he does go up against Conor.

RDA pulling out is one day more than the amount of days Aldo pulled out last summer. Honestly, if Conor stays on this card (which looks like a certainty), and beats whoever he faces, he is just fucking phenomenal.

It's not really a bad scenario, he's fighting a natural lightweight, and Conor was a lightweight himself when he was in Cage Warriors. It's a risk, but then again any fight is. His fight against RDA was an even bigger risk.

It's calculated but it could pay off huge dividends. I'm only worried about Conor on the ground, he was susceptible to submissions against lankier guys before and Nate is a wizard on the ground. 

28 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

It's not really a bad scenario, he's fighting a natural lightweight, and Conor was a lightweight himself when he was in Cage Warriors. It's a risk, but then again any fight is. His fight against RDA was an even bigger risk.

It's calculated but it could pay off huge dividends. I'm only worried about Conor on the ground, he was susceptible to submissions against lankier guys before and Nate is a wizard on the ground. 

But RDA beating Conor would have given the Lightweight champion instant credibility and turned him into a much bigger name than he currently is. If Diaz beats Conor then its ended Conor's momentum to a guy that has tried to be a champion and failed every time. Then moaned about it.

And whilst we hardcore fans realise that Conor is moving up two weight classes that's not something that the casual fan, aka the significant majority, are going to understand or care about. A win is a win, a loss is a loss.

Apparently Dana called both Aldo and Edgar to see if they wanted a Featherweight Title shot at short notice, they both declined.

34 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

But RDA beating Conor would have given the Lightweight champion instant credibility and turned him into a much bigger name than he currently is. If Diaz beats Conor then its ended Conor's momentum to a guy that has tried to be a champion and failed every time. Then moaned about it.

And whilst we hardcore fans realise that Conor is moving up two weight classes that's not something that the casual fan, aka the significant majority, are going to understand or care about. A win is a win, a loss is a loss.

Apparently Dana called both Aldo and Edgar to see if they wanted a Featherweight Title shot at short notice, they both declined.

Really? Would Conor's fans realistically stop following him if he lost to Nate Diaz? If Diaz wins then a big name in Nate Diaz becomes an instant contender, which is a win for the UFC, while Conor's name doesn't really get diminished all that much, it's not like people are going to care, his antics and his name value plus the following from Ireland is stable enough that a loss like this won't change much. Either way it's a win, no matter who comes out the winner the UFC wins.

Y'all acting like Conor doesn't walk around at 175lbs. We've seen him fight after a 30lbs weight cut where he looks like the Crypt Keeper at weigh in, we were going to see him fight after a 15lbs weight cut and now we are going to see him eat steak and lift weights for two weeks, take a big piss and a dump and come in on weight.

Diaz is going to get schooled.

• Like 1

I kind of like how I don't have a dog in this fight, though I guess I'm leaning slightly towards Conor because I want to see RDA / Conor. I think Nate might just half-ass whatever preparation he can put up in the meantime, though, I wouldn't be surprised if he still came in overweight and super lethargic.

I'm a lot more interested in Holly / Miesha, though, that's a fun match. 

Also, I'm not the biggest Conor fan, some things he says absolutely disgusts me, but I love how he was addressing Nick instead of Nate a couple of times, was hilarious. 

I should be a Conor fan. I love the trash talking. I was a huge Sonnen fan but something about Conor just rubs me the wrong way. I'll cheer for him if he's fighting someone else I don't like but there are just too many people in those divisions that I like much more than him.

2 hours ago, Vince Russo said:

If the fight goes like the press conference, Nate Diaz is going to be left looking very foolish. And it's a fight that Conor should win, not only because Nate is coming into this at such short notice, but because Conor already has several advantages over him.

Which are?