UFC News and Discussion Thread

I've never really understood that criticism. It's like saying that anyone fighting a purely BJJ guy is doing something wrong by asking for that fighter to be stood up if they're butt scooting rather than laying on the mat with them.

Anderson Silva is/was arguably the most dangerous counter-striker in the game. All those fights where he was dancing around and taunting were exactly the same thing. He isn't going to change his game plan and will act like a dick until you do exactly what he wants you to do. Nick took note of this and flipped the script and was just doing a Silva to Silva.  

If Nick had run straight in and attacked Silva chances are he'd have been knocked out, instead he was trying to make Silva look bad so Silva would take the initiative and not just wait for a chance to counter. 

To me it's an issue with reffing, a BJJ guy isn't allowed to just lay on the mat until his opponent gives up and lays down next to him, likewise I don't think a counter-striker should be allowed to just stand there and not engage if his opponent won't make the first move.

5 hours ago, Quom said:

To me it's an issue with reffing, a BJJ guy isn't allowed to just lay on the mat until his opponent gives up and lays down next to him, likewise I don't think a counter-striker should be allowed to just stand there and not engage if his opponent won't make the first move.

So Werdum vs Overeem in Strikeforce?

4 hours ago, Its_Cymbols said:

The fines Cerrone and RDA got for uniform violations are ridiculous. The whole uniform deal fucking sucks and they look so boring.

Nate got fined as well. For wearing jeans to the weigh ins.

It's a stupid deal, with stupid rules, but they knew they'd be fined for it.

Mickey Gall will be CM Punk's first opponent if he beats Michael Jackson at UFC 196.

Just think about that sentence out of context...

• Like 1

Vitor says he turned down the Anderson fight in hopes of a title fight. He might actually get it, since the choice right now is either him or Rockhold / Weidman 2, with Romero getting a violation. Or perhaps if Bisping or Anderson wins, but that's a long shot.

Oh, and in other middleweight news, ISIS has threatened Tim Kennedy. So, um... there's that.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Mickey Gall will be CM Punk's first opponent if he beats Michael Jackson at UFC 196.

Just think about that sentence out of context...

Gall won his first pro fight in front of Dana White, and straight away called out Punk.

18 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Vitor says he turned down the Anderson fight in hopes of a title fight. He might actually get it, since the choice right now is either him or Rockhold / Weidman 2, with Romero getting a violation. Or perhaps if Bisping or Anderson wins, but that's a long shot.

Oh, and in other middleweight news, ISIS has threatened Tim Kennedy. So, um... there's that.

Isis don't know who they messin' with :shifty: 

On 14 January 2016 at 00:06, Severus Cymbols said:

The fines Cerrone and RDA got for uniform violations are ridiculous. The whole uniform deal fucking sucks and they look so boring.

The rules are there, the fighters consciously and purposefully broke them, I don't see what's wrong with the way the fighters have been treated. You disrespect the rules you get treated in a way that is fitting.

• Like 1

Connor desperatly tries to piss Dos Anjos in the press conference right now. For now Dos Anjos is mildly anoyed at most.

Holy Holm is about as booring as can be and tate is like "We are frinds." 

Hard Carry by Connor.

He also anounced that he will beat Dos Anjos in under a minute (he is a slower Jose Aldo) and move on to fight at UFC 200.

"Me and Jesus are cool. Gods recognise other Gods."

You realy shoud not have Holm and Connor talk back to back. Shes so so boring.

Edited by Herr Matzat

So Tony Ferguson, who's on a seven fight win streak and totally deserves a fight against Eddie Alvarez (title eliminator) instead gets a rematch against Michael Johnson, who is on a two fight losing skid. Like, I get they want him to atone his only UFC loss, but it's a fucking stupid fight to make, especially if he loses. 

EDIT- Turns out Ferguson wanted a fight before April, and none of the other top five were available in that timeframe. I stand corrected.

Not happy with how Cain handled it, though I understand why. He knew about the injury days before today, but tried to fight through it, despite his long history of being injury-prone and past back problems. He just cost Miocic months of training for a world title fight, and now even a few more days. I hope Cain gets fucking smashed in his next fight, because his career for the past 2 or 3 years has been one of the most protected.

• Like 2