UFC News and Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Funny name or something... said:

I'm not mad I paid for it. The rest was good and the main event was a cool thing to see live

Yeah, there is absolutely no way anyone is going to be able to avoid spoilers tomorrow, it'll be everywhere.

14 minutes ago, EddieG said:

A knocked out Aldo still throws a better punch than most of us.

To be fair, he was concious when he started throwing it, about 60% of the way through the arc, not so much...

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

McGregor vs Edgar in a stadium in Ireland would make my downstairs area feel weird

You should not think for a second this one will not get a rematch. UFC essentialy gets a third gigant buyrate out of fans wanting to see one battle. I would not hold my breath on that Croke Park show being next either. It´s going to be Aldo v Connor 2.5 in vegas. Probably UFC 200 since Ronda needs time to get her game together.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWFeBKkUsAAgj5m.jpg

8 minutes ago, Herr Matzat said:

You should not think for a second this one will not get a rematch. UFC essentialy gets a third gigant buyrate out of fans wanting to see one battle. I would not hold my breath on that Croke Park show being next either. It´s going to be Aldo v Connor 2.5 in vegas. Probably UFC 200 since Ronda needs time to get her game together.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWFeBKkUsAAgj5m.jpg

Ronda vs Holm is already set for 200 though.

Joe Rogan was quick to say on the air the next fight should be Edgar. There's no way Aldo should get an immediate rematch.

4 minutes ago, EddieG said:

Ronda vs Holm is already set for 200 though.

Joe Rogan was quick to say on the air the next fight should be Edgar. There's no way Aldo should get an immediate rematch.

Rogan is not the matchmaker.
No fight for UFC 200 has been anounced.
A 13 second KO in this fight changes things.
Remember when Tate was suposed to fight Ronda for the Title next?

Edited by Herr Matzat

11 minutes ago, Herr Matzat said:

Yeah, a 13 second KO does change things.  It makes Aldo lose his luster.  They no longer need it to be Aldo/McGregor 2 at UFC 200, they can just put McGregor on the card and it will be fine.  If they'll even wait that long, that is.  McGregor and Edgar both had short fights, could be ready to go for a fight in April, when UFC 2 drops.

2 hours ago, Herr Matzat said:

I do remember it not happening, much like I anticipate Aldo fighting McGregor again will not be happening as the next title fight.

If you look at Jose Aldo's track record he doesn't fight very regularly, I would imagine the UFC and McGregor, while not being stupid, would very much like to get McGregor out there and fighting and making money in front of a crowd more quickly than maybe Jose will offer as well.  Nothing wrong with Jose taking 6 months out and being the guy after the next guy in line.

Also, while I very much know Rogan is not a matchmaker, he is very much someone who sets the tone for a lot of UFC fans, his reach and audience is huge, so if he says it a good portion of the audience takes it as gospel.

• Like 1

OH MY GOD.

That was an unbelievable main card. It's funny, the UFC puts on 5 meaningful fights and somehow they all deliver. Maybe they should do that more often.

McGregor is such fucking class, man. He's confident, maybe a bit cocky, but it's not up to the point that he's a dick. Hacran Dias shouting his ass off at McGregor after Aldo got knocked out, that's being a dick. It was such a hilarious moment, I'm glad the UFC showed it in slow motion. McGregor flipping off the team after that seemed completely fine.

I kinda' do want a rematch, though, only because it seems like a fun battle.

I definitely want a Weidman / Rockhold rematch, that fight was just damn fun and I need more of it.

Also need more of Demian Maia destroying black belts on the ground. 

Sucks that Faber gassed, a strong performance and I would probably be a bit more excited for him to face the winner of TJ / Cruz.

2 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

OH MY GOD.

That was an unbelievable main card. It's funny, the UFC puts on 5 meaningful fights and somehow they all deliver. Maybe they should do that more often.

How?

When they book a fight, they don't know if they're going to get a FOTY candidate or 15/25 minutes of lay and pray.

• Like 1

I can't embed the video but watch this, it's the reactions of the corners to the main event.

People to watch

• The guy on the right hand side of the frame in Conor's corner.
  • Guy in the middle of Aldo's corner in the backwards cap (Marlon Sandro?)
  • Bruce Buffer
  • Joanna Champion (middle, white shirt)
  • TJ (right of frame)

:lol:

• Like 2