UFC News and Discussion Thread

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/
adjective
derogatory
  1. making a show of being morally superior to other people.
    "what happened to all the sanctimonious talk about putting his family first?"
    synonyms: self-righteous, holier-than-thou, pious, pietistic, churchy, moralizing, preachy, smug,superior, priggish, hypocritical, insincere; 
    informalgoody-goody
    "no one wants to hear your sanctimonious hot air"

No I define sanctimonious :shifty: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, El TiBacon Pizza said:

Yeah, you both define sanctimonious righy now.

...does anyone know what the word 'sanctimonious' means?

It's about acting as if you are morally above something other people are doing.

I liked a guy getting beaten - nothing moral about that :shifty:

1 minute ago, Avenged said:

It's funny because Mickey Gall is a brown belt.

Hide contents

And that's the colour of poo.

1 minute ago, Benkid Nada said:

right*

Just now, Little Red Srarvette said:

No I define sanctimonious :shifty: 

All three of you are getting choked worse than Punk.

To be honest, there's no better description of my sex life than 'getting crushed underneath a sweating, grunting Gazz and waiting for the sweet release of unconciousness'.

Esther Lin caught a great photograph of an eyepoke in the Werdum/Browne fight. Warning: Not safe for life

Spoiler

CsDoFb5WgAAP8Tq.jpg

I can feel his brains!

Just now, Liam said:

Isn't there any likelihood Werdum might get in trouble for kicking a non-competitor? 

Already announced the commission aren't going to do anything against Fabricio I think. I believe they feel like it wasn't his fault

2 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The most interesting thing was that after Werdum kicked him Edmund looked like he had no idea what to do, perhaps giving an explanation for his coaching reputation.

I wish he has kicked him harder in the Edmunds

His between rounds coaching is a whole new level of shit, above (below?) and beyond even the very worst that the Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu team can come up with.

7 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

If those armchair critics would somehow manage to bring in the eyeballs that Punk brought in for this event, then they deserve the amount of money he got paid. The difference is they don't, all of them most probably would never be able to. Punk had the drawing power, AND the balls. That's a big difference, so yeah, laughing at him is pretty fucking sad.

However, it's the internet, it's a sad place all over.

Also, saying that a lot of people would step up and get submitted in that 1 round has never gotten beaten up and almost choked into unconsciousness by a professional fighter like Punk just did.

Punk didn't go to the UFC, they offered it to him. Who wouldn't take that kind of money if they had the guts to actually do it? Plus it's CM Punk, no matter which arena he took the fight in, he was going to get scrutinized and criticized by everyone, no matter who he fought, no matter whether he won or lost.

It's not sad. He's a huge asshole and got his ass handed to him before tapping out in 2 minutes. 

That's funny!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Walker Adultman said:

I don't see how he was "humbled" or where the whole line of "He thought he could just walk in and be an MMA fighter!" comes from.

He never pretended like he was going to be good. He always said he was there to give it a try and nothing more. He was gracious in defeat and wants to get back to work. 

This is the only thing I have issue with. In the pre-fight hype video, Punk said of Gall "He's fought tomato cans, that doesn't make you a professional."

Then he refused to shake Gall's hand at the weigh in and said:

"I don't know, He was stuttering. He kept repeating, ‘oh you don't want to shake my hand, you don't want to shake my hand' or something like that. I'm not here to shake anybody's hand. I'm here to punch people in the face." (After Saturday night, though, Brooks was unable to do that, landing zero strikes in the fight with Gall that he lost in the first round via submission.)

He thought he could get away with acting like a tough guy and thought he could get away with trying to act like his wrestling persona and that backfired in every way possible. To me, the fact that he used his wrestling music showed that he wasn't taking this as serious as he could. If he wanted to show that this wasn't a publicity stunt  and he was committed to becoming a legitimate fighter, he would stayed as far as possible from anything to do with wrestling, but he didn't. So he can still say how much fun he had and how he's never going to give up, but you know that if he would have pulled the upset he would have talked so much shit after the fight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

This is the only thing I have issue with. In the pre-fight hype video, Punk said of Gall "He's fought tomato cans, that doesn't make you a professional."

Then he refused to shake Gall's hand at the weigh in and said:

He thought he could get away with acting like a tough guy and thought he could get away with trying to act like his wrestling persona and that backfired in every way possible. To me, the fact that he used his wrestling music showed that he wasn't taking this as serious as he could. If he wanted to show that this wasn't a publicity stunt  and he was committed to becoming a legitimate fighter, he would stayed as far as possible from anything to do with wrestling, but he didn't. So he can still say how much fun he had and how he's never going to give up, but you know that if he would have pulled the upset he would have talked so much shit after the fight.

Wait.... So because he has left something behind he can't reference it and the success he had? How does that work?!

• Like 2