UFC News and Discussion Thread

Just watching now. Damn, Romero really is a beast! That knee was unreal.

Spoiler

Should be a great fight with Bisping for the title too.

Spoilered just in case people haven't seen it yet and don't want results spoiled for them.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/cm-punk-second-ufc-fight/

“I don’t want to speak for him, but I think if he wants to kill it, he would have killed it right then,” Punk said of his second fight being in the UFC. … “Until anything is official, I don’t want to say either way what he’s thinking or what he’s thinking. But yeah, I’m pretty confident that it’ll be in the UFC.

“I told him I want to fight again. We’re back at it. We’re back to the drawing board. So, it’s up to him. He floated me an idea and we’re kind of going back and forth on it right now.”

I mean, if they insist on giving him another fight, Charlie Ward wouldn't be the worst opponent for him. 2-2, and pretty fucking awful. I can't really see them bringing another nobody in, and he's probably the least experienced and next least worst fighter in that division. 

As an aside, I was just looking at Ward's record. In his debut, he fought a (then) 17-6 John Phillips. That is awful matchmaking. 

At the moment, the plan is Holloway vs. Pettis to be moved up to the main event spot, and it'll be for the interim featherweight title.

I don't know what this means for Conor's reign as featherweight champion or Aldo's reign as interim featherweight champion, but the best speculation seems to be that this will speed up the UFC stripping Conor of the featherweight title, with Aldo then being made the official featherweight champion, and Aldo then defending against the winner of Holloway vs. Pettis.

Apparently last night during the UFC broadcast, it was announced Conor's title is indeed being relinquished, making Aldo the champ, and Holloway vs Pettis is for the interim title.

GSP and his talent agency, CAA (WME-IMG's biggest rival), are going to announce a big announcement on Wednesday, along with other CAA clients Cain, Cerrone, Dillashaw and Tim Kennedy. Whatever this is, they're also being joined by idiot Bjorn Rebney, the guy who insisted that the coolest thing about MMA are single-night tournaments. 

On 11/29/2016 at 01:45, Benkid Nada said:

GSP and his talent agency, CAA (WME-IMG's biggest rival), are going to announce a big announcement on Wednesday, along with other CAA clients Cain, Cerrone, Dillashaw and Tim Kennedy. Whatever this is, they're also being joined by idiot Bjorn Rebney, the guy who insisted that the coolest thing about MMA are single-night tournaments. 

Domain registry records link him to "MMA Athletes Association".

Malki Kawa, who represents Jon Jones, Thiago Alves, Carlos Condit and a number of others has already said that if Rebney's in, he's out. Said Rebney was one of the most anti-fighter promoters he'd ever dealt with.

• Admin

Conor McGregor has been issued a boxing licence and is said to be pursuing a "high-level opponent". The 28-year-old Irish fighter and one of UFC's highest-profile and biggest-earning figures has previously been linked to a fight with the now-retired boxer Floyd Mayweather.

Yeah, this is just like him saying he's retiring or teasing WWE appearances. He's just doing it for the publicity, and I'm willing to bet in a week or two he'll be like "BUT I GOT EVERYONE TALKING DIDN'T I? HA" just like he did when he was threatening to retire.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2016 at 14:27, Cloudy said:

Domain registry records link him to "MMA Athletes Association".

Malki Kawa, who represents Jon Jones, Thiago Alves, Carlos Condit and a number of others has already said that if Rebney's in, he's out. Said Rebney was one of the most anti-fighter promoters he'd ever dealt with.

People seem to forget that Rebney screwed Eddie Alvarez out of a major payday when he bitched a fit over Alvarez signing with the UFC in early 2013 and somehow convinced a judge that a theoretical Bellator PPV was worth more than an actual UFC PPV and Alvarez was essentially forced to stay in Bellator for a while longer.

Edited by Vince Russo

• 2 weeks later...

So UFC 206 wasn't all that great but really three out of the five (arguably 4) main card fights were actually pretty good. Choi/Swanson was just a hell of a slugfest and the kind of fight I enjoy the most. The main event was not all that great but I'm not really a big fan of Holloway and Pettis has just not been great lately.