UFC News and Discussion Thread

If Ronda's not done, she needs to leave Glendale. She got knocked the fuck out, took a year off and came back still flat footed, overbalancing forward when throwing punches, chin up with zero head movement and no defensive striking guard. I seriously question if she even spars striking during her training, because she still looks like she has absolutely no idea how to not get hit and no idea what to do when she does.

Ronda is done. She stuck with a bad coach as everyone in women's MMA started to pass her by. She's extremely one-dimensional by today's standards. She got a 3 million purse to lose in a matter of seconds, so she's not hard up for cash. She'll go around and do movies and and that will be that.

I saw someone compare her to Matt Hughes, who came in early on and dominated before the crop of fighters chasing him all surpassed him. It was pretty apt I thought.

4 hours ago, Vince Russo said:

Jim Rome is the one most heavily rumoured to be doing so.

Fuck no! I am done then. Hate that dude.

8 hours ago, Srar Humbug said:

Sounds like this is exactly the kind of loss I wanted to see happen to Ronda back in the day. Now it just makes me sad :(

Ok after seeing the clips I have changed my mind. That was kinda awesome :blush:

The difference in how Ronda faces defeat and Cruz does really shines a bad light on her. Just unfortunate that she decided to stick with Edmund, but after the first striking exchange, she had already been rocked like mad and it was basically over as soon as it began. She should have tried getting into grappling range ASAP possible, I don't know if it's Edmund who created the gameplan or what, but that was just bad. She's only 29! She should be evolving like crazy, not getting stuck in a rut, thinking she can skip the basics. 

Is there any truth to Todd Grisham replacing Mike Goldberg, or is that just Grisham fucking around on his Twitter? He's changed his handle to GrishamMMA and his bio says something like "From WWE to Glory to UFC".

Adam "Snacks" Geller passed away from colon cancer. There's a GoFundMe set up to support his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/adamgeller?ssid=862820154&pos=1