UFC News and Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, iDOL said:

What time have the main events been going on at? All these prelims kill me.

I'm not watching since I'm on vacation, but typically a fight will happen every half hour except when there are more than one title fight since it's got more rounds. So you could judge based off that I guess.

Edited by Kevin Elliott

k8riimwokzh33ye3xn7b.jpg

So there I was...now, your probably wondering how I got into this situation.  Well, the story begins..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh no

The gif is worth a watch, though.

53 minutes ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

I couldn't have been more wrong on the Rousey/Nunes fight. Crazy stuff.

You weren't entirely wrong. She hasn't retired. Yet. But I expect she will.

The really sad thing about this is that Ronda had the chance to take so much from the Holm fight and use it as a catalyst to change and evolve and she hasn’t done either. Ronda still had her hands up in that stiff, open guard style that invites people to punch her squarely in the face. Once Ronda got tagged, and even before then, she should have looked to take Nunes down but she didn't even try to. Ronda made no attempt to go for the legs of Nunes to try and get her down. It came off like Ronda was determined to fight a certain way and either could not or would not change up her gameplan when it became clear, all too quickly, that things were not going her way.

In a similar tone to Asuka’s remarks about how people would react if Ronda won quickly, and they would have reacted how he said they would, people are probably going to jump on Ronda as being one dimensional, and she is, but that’s not Ronda’s problem. Ronda’s problem is that she cannot or will not change the way she does things. She simply refuses to adapt. It cost her in the Holm fight, it cost her in the Nunes fight, and that refusal to adapt will be the epitaph on her career.

Edited by Vince Russo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Feels a little bit tactless to not even acknowledge that this was Goldberg's last show.

Who is replacing him? It's hard to imagine UFC events without Mike Goldberg as an announcer, dude's ridiculous mannerisms were synonymous with UFC action. (IIIIIIIIIT IS ALL OVERRR)

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1