UFC News and Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Germaine de Randamie has been stripped of the Women's Featherweight title for refusing to fight the number one contender, that being Cyborg.

The vacant title will be on the line in the co-Main Event of UFC 214, Cyborg facing Invicta Featherweight champion Megan Anderson.

It should be noted that the UFC cares so little about this division that they don't even bother doing rankings for it.

I'm not sure why they didn't just introduce the title by handing it to Cyborg. I mean that's really the only reason it's actually around.

I think they wanted to give Holly Holm a title to begin with to milk her win over Ronda for all it was worth then having her face Cyborg, but when she lost to de Randamie those plans went up in smoke for at least the time being. Plus they just love title matches to headline shows even if the title itself is worth about as much as a Christmas cracker.

On 6/20/2017 at 14:48, Cymbols said:

Sage Northcutt vs John Makdessi has been added to the same card. Not the biggest fan of Sage being in there, but this is actually a great matchup. 

If Sage beats Makdessi, he might actually be able to turn into something. Makdessi is a tough guy, obviously not top 15 or anything but he's a tough guy, and a good fighter.

Cerrone is out of UFC 213, injured, the fight with Lawler might be moved to 214.

Tyron Woodley is going to defend the Welterweight championship against Demian Maia on that card as well, which gives UFC 214 3 championship fights, AND possible Cerrone / Lawler. It's like they don't even want people to buy UFC 213 and save their money for UFC 214.

I, unfortunately, renewed my UFC Fight Pass in a package deal with UFC 213, so I'm going to be getting both either way :( 

The show, "Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series," debuts July 11 and will air on UFC's internet subscription service Fight Pass. It will consist of five live fights every Tuesday in Las Vegas, featuring talent that is not yet signed to the company.

A traditional commentary team is expected to be announced shortly, but viewers will also have a secondary audio option titled "SnoopCast," which will feature the hip-hop artist alongside retired fighter Urijah Faber. The pair will provide commentary from on-site.

Hard to say with UFC in general, the best fights on paper can be snoozefests and two 'boring' fighters can have all out wars. The main event should be an entertaining fight and Marc Diakase on the undercard can always be relied upon for some spinning Kung Fu Matrix shit.

Can't be any worse than Gabi Garcia's kickboxing fight. She got a knockdown, and then soccer kicked her opponent ? Only a no contest for some reason, no idea how it wasn't a DQ.

But yeah, even if the card is shit I'm still looking forward to it. Main event and the Tavares fights should be good.

BAMMA and UFC 213 tomorrow as well, shaping up nicely. 

14 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Who the hell are these people announcing this? Also is the crowd not allowed at the prelims? There is no one there!

Brian Stann and Todd Grisham (ex WWE)

8 minutes ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

Tecia Torres submits Juliana Pena 53 seconds into the second round.

Torres actually finishing a fight, Maynard actually winning, what a crazy card already!

9 hours ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

Tecia Torres submits Juliana Pena 53 seconds into the second round.

Lima.. not Peña