UFC News and Discussion Thread

Poor Demian :( Still gotta' love the man, 23 takedown attempts against a strong as fuck Woodley who had to be close to 200 pounds at fight time and he was trying all the way. 

Jon Jones can come back from a year and a half off and still amaze me. Some absolute sick combos, the guy is just absolutely incredible. 

And if you want to complain about Cyborg just because of her past steroid use, you'd have to hate a ton of other fighters who've done it in the past as well, no matter how long ago it was.

Hopefully we get Jones / Gus 2 now, that fight still intrigues me, but I would love to see what Jon Jones can do against a heavyweight, especially the white gorilla that Brock is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Hopefully we get Jones / Gus 2 now, that fight still intrigues me, but I would love to see what Jon Jones can do against a heavyweight, especially the white gorilla that Brock is.

I think this fight would come down to the take down. If Brock could get it and keep it then Jones doesn't stand a chance but Jones striking is so diverse and Brock is soft around the midsection.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/22/jon-jones-tests-fails-drug-test-steroids-ufc-214-cormier-title-stripped/

Jon Jones has tested positive for steroids in his UFC 214 victory over Daniel Cormier, and he has been stripped of his title ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Our sources tell us ... Jones tested positive for Turinabol -- an anabolic steroid.  
Jones won the July 29 fight -- taking the UFC light heavyweight belt from Cormier with a savage head kick followed by a barrage of punishing punches to Cormier's head. 
The title now goes back to Cormier. 
It's the second time Jones has failed a USADA drug test. He tested positive for banned substances in 2016 before UFC 200 and was pulled from the main event. Jones got socked with a 1 year ban.
We're told this time around, he could be banned for up to 4 years. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, admirable that he wanted to still fight and managed to make weight while probably being sick as hell, but super duper gross. Most gyms are actually super disgusting and don't maintain a high level of hygiene, and its why infections and skin diseases occur so commonly with combat spots athletes.