UFC News and Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Follis, the MMA coach responsible for training the likes of Chael Sonnen, Randy Couture, and Miesha Tate amongst others, has had his death ruled a suicide. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/18/16791446/coroner-death-of-decorated-mma-coach-robert-follis-48-ruled-suicide

According to Couture, he'd been going through a struggle with depression after his brother's death. 

Rizin spoilers

Spoiler

Ian McCall lost last night via TKO (cut from sharp rope) after slicing open his face by running it down the ring ropes going for a take down.

8 minutes ago, GaChristmaszz said:

Rizin spoilers

Hide contents

Ian McCall lost last night via TKO (cut from sharp rope) after slicing open his face by running it down the ring ropes going for a take down.

Just seen a video of the end of the fight...

Spoiler

Such a shite way to lose a fight, then for Manel Kape to start shit-talking at the end like it was something he done that won him the fight.

48 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Just seen a video of the end of the fight...

Hide contents

Such a shite way to lose a fight, then for Manel Kape to start shit-talking at the end like it was something he done that won him the fight.

McCall is a prick anyways, so I’m not exactly sympathetic. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Way too many events just lately, this is the third event in a row I've only realised is / has happened because I've seen spoilers somewhere online.

Four fighters on the main card of a PPV show I've literally never heard of, including a headliner who has a submission loss to Tonya Evinger within the last year.

There has never been a more pointless division than the UFC Women's Featherweight division. At this point Invicta's sole purpose is to crown a champion who can then be fed to Cyborg, regardless of what division they are actually champion of. I could understand it more if Cyborg could be considered a draw, but she isn't.

11 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

There has never been a more pointless division than the UFC Women's Featherweight division. At this point Invicta's sole purpose is to crown a champion who can then be fed to Cyborg, regardless of what division they are actually champion of. I could understand it more if Cyborg could be considered a draw, but she isn't.

Way I view Cyborg is I admire her talent and I like watching her do her thing and demolish people but I'm not gonna pay to see it nor am I gonna stay up late to watch it. 

Draw for me for this event was 100% Ortega / Frankie. Super crazy KO and I got so sad that Frankie got murked, but goddamn, Ortega / Blessed is going to be fireworks. Right up there with Khabib / Ferguson as the best fight UFC can make now. Can't wait for it, hopefully it's made for June or July.

15 hours ago, Gazz said:

Way too many events just lately, this is the third event in a row I've only realised is / has happened because I've seen spoilers somewhere online.

Four fighters on the main card of a PPV show I've literally never heard of, including a headliner who has a submission loss to Tonya Evinger within the last year.

This has been a problem for a couple of years already, though. It doesn't help that they needed Cyborg to save this card after Holloway got injured, so they would have thrown in a broomstick in there for her to dismantle. Last year was already abysmal, though, it had a OSP / Okami main event in 2017. 

Don't worry, though, because we're getting CM Punk in June!