UFC News and Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

Apparently Greg Hardy has a UFC contract now? 

Yep....

• 4 weeks later...

The whole post-fight stuff between Brock and DC was a licence to print money. Both of them get it, Brock obviously from wrestling, and DC from being a wrestling fan for so long.

Also huge props to DC for beating Miocic, I didn't think he stood a chance.

Cormier will try to get in on that New York card, opposite Shogun if he wins, otherwise I'm sure he'd be happy to sit out and wait for Lesnar. There's no way he'd put his meal ticket on the line against Gus, because he'd win, but Gus would rough him up for a while and he might not be able to make the Lesnar fight before he's 40.

‪So if it's Conor / Khabib in October, then the MSG card will be headlined by... DC? No compelling fight there, Brock is only allowed to fight in 2019. Shogun lost, so the only other option is Gus, and do we really want DC battered before his fight with Brock? He might not make it, timeline wise. 

Blessed / Ortega? Only if Blessed can recover from whatever he's going through, but that's not a MSG headlining act. 

Unless they put Cyborg as the headliner, I can't see who else but Conor headlining an MSG card in a fun way. They should put 145 & 115 title fights in October, then Conor / Khabib together with, I dunno, some other made up title as the co-headliner. Maybe get Nick or Anderson as the co-main just so it looks pretty. 

Think the only reason they're putting Conor in October is so they can make another fight with him even faster in early 2019, with Nate or El Cucuy. Plus they probably figure MSG can bring in a slightly more than average buy rate by itself. 

As I mentioned in the NBA thread, BT won't be showing UFC after 3rd December after they pulled out of bidding for the rights.

The new likely home is Eleven Sports, a new pay channel who would most likely put the PPVs on actual PPV.

I've only ever watched UFC, when a pub/club has shown it for free. No way would I pay PPV prices, especially with the frequency of events.

Wait I think I did buy one UFC event once. Was the final Shamrock/Ortiz fight from memory.

Edited by Noah