UFC News and Discussion Thread

Yeah Khabib's guys should be in prison at a minimum after pulling that shit. I think it'll be a long time before we see him fight again and will definitely be stripped.

Shame too because it was a good fight and he was definitively better than McGregor.

31 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Literally just about to post that. The guy was a quote machine.

22 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm glad people are still talking about the Derrick Lewis win amidst the main event hullabaloo. That was one heck of a grandstand finish.

He apparently stated something along the lines of 'throw my wife's legs in the air' when asked what he will do to celebrate.

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Glad McGregor lost, the twat.

I don't think he really cares whether he wins or loses, especially at this point. I mean I'm sure he'd enjoy winning but as long as people pay to see him either way and he gets all the richer for it, that's what truly matters to him. 

So as much as I hate the guy, I can't take joy in him losing when he's now diving into his vault full of money, Scrooge McDuck style and laughing at the people that were so emotionally invested in his loss. <_<

5 hours ago, tristy said:

Zubaira Tukhugov's career is fucking over. He has a fight in 20 days, but that's probably going to get cancelled now. Poor Artem Lobov - months ago, his fight against Alex Caceres was cancelled because of McGregor's attack on the bus, and now his fight against Tukhugov won't happen because of his cage jumping and assault on McGregor.

Poor Artem Lobov is a very weird take. His fight against Caceres was cancelled because he took part in the bus attack, so he really doesn’t get my sympathy there. And 20 days is plenty of time to find a new opponent, if they do choose to pull Tukhugov. In any case, his career isn’t over, either. No shortage of Russian promotions, who pay fairly well. 

Really enjoyed seeing Khabib batter McGregor. Post fight was fucking stupid though. But in a post busgate UFC, this is the trashy shit I guess we can expect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Glad McGregor lost, the twat.

You’d think Dana White would stop booking a racist loose cannon like him, but he’s also a twat, because money. 

Khabib is also a gross piece of shit, with ties all the way to Kadyrov and Putin. 

Combat sports is filled with gross people.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

UFC is 95% of the way to being WWE at this point.  All that was missing was Dana White frantically calling the locker room out to separate everyone.

The history of sports is littered with stuff like brawls happening. Everything is 95% of the way to being like WWE if that were the case. 

I don't know anything about Khabib he might be horrible too but Conor is such a piece of shit and after all the vile things he's done and said I'm glad someone finally beat his ass. Same for his team members. Dana White taking such offense to this after everything he let Conor get away with is fucked up too. I was going to say I regret not seeing this live but I wouldn't give that fucker a dime of my money

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

UFC is trash and did everything possible to foster the environment where this could happen, not exactly shocked.

A sport that involves people getting punched in the face? What did you expect, a tickling contest? 

19 minutes ago, MDK said:

A sport that involves people getting punched in the face? What did you expect, a tickling contest? 

For all its trashiness now, there was a pretty long span of time where UFC was seen as a clean and respectful company with athletes that behaved themselves as professionals, apart from a few strays that got pushed out when they fucked up. (Example. Rousimar Palhares getting axed after not letting go of a heel hook). There are still plenty of top level guys that are professional and good examples, like Cormier, Demetrious Johnson, Robert Whittaker... But they're 'boring' compared to the bad boys, so Dana rather markets those instead.

Things changed when tides turned. Jon Jones getting into all sorts of drug trouble multiple times over, Ronda Rousey getting popular as a shittalker supreme who said some pretty vile shit to draw ratings, and of course the biggest one of them all in Conor McGregor who pretty much pushed the UFC into a whole new direction as he turned everything into a carny show with no regard of his own actions or what he might say.

And Dana White let this happen because he knew money was to be made, Conor made a shitload of money for himself and the UFC, and a possible rematch is arguably going to buy even better than this match because of these brawls happening. Dana enforced order on the roster until his golden goose became the cancerous one, then all bets were off because money.

I personally have stopped watching a few years back, and the way things seem to happen now is not really an MMA i'm interested in.

• Like 2

I've only ever been a casual UFC fan. In the past, I've been put off by some of the obnoxious fans, but I'm now even less attracted to the product because of the unpleasant marketing tactics of the fighters. I have a similar relationship with boxing in that I tend to avoid fights involving "characters", instead gravitating towards the more legitimate sporting contests.

I went to a UFC event at Wembley Arena quite a few years ago and three separate fights broke out in the crowd. That's when I decided that UFC fans are trash. The majority of people I saw there were purely trying to look as masculine as possible to everyone else, it really was quite bizarre.  

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

For all its trashiness now, there was a pretty long span of time where UFC was seen as a clean and respectful company with athletes that behaved themselves as professionals, apart from a few strays that got pushed out when they fucked up. (Example. Rousimar Palhares getting axed after not letting go of a heel hook). There are still plenty of top level guys that are professional and good examples, like Cormier, Demetrious Johnson, Robert Whittaker... But they're 'boring' compared to the bad boys, so Dana rather markets those instead.

Things changed when tides turned. Jon Jones getting into all sorts of drug trouble multiple times over, Ronda Rousey getting popular as a shittalker supreme who said some pretty vile shit to draw ratings, and of course the biggest one of them all in Conor McGregor who pretty much pushed the UFC into a whole new direction as he turned everything into a carny show with no regard of his own actions or what he might say.

And Dana White let this happen because he knew money was to be made, Conor made a shitload of money for himself and the UFC, and a possible rematch is arguably going to buy even better than this match because of these brawls happening. Dana enforced order on the roster until his golden goose became the cancerous one, then all bets were off because money.

I personally have stopped watching a few years back, and the way things seem to happen now is not really an MMA i'm interested in.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. There are a ton of MMA shows out there that exist and don't allow crap like this to happen just because it's a sport where people punch people.

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I went to a UFC event at Wembley Arena quite a few years ago and three separate fights broke out in the crowd. That's when I decided that UFC fans are trash. The majority of people I saw there were purely trying to look as masculine as possible to everyone else, it really was quite bizarre.  

I went to a UFC show in Birmingham and some drunk Sol Campbell slipped down an embankment and fell in a lake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3