UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

Great heart shown by Hominick. If he didn't think he could pass guard, he should have stood up at some point to get more force behind his blows.

Guest mr. potato head

And yeah, 50-43 makes no sense at all. Means one judge scored that round 10-9 Aldo and one scored it 10-8 Hominick.

(SPOILER: First guy is dumb.)

Aldo/Hominick. How do you score that fight 48-46 without a point deduction? I would love to know which round must have been given 10-8 to Hominick.

And how is the same fight scored 50-43? One suggests a total domination and the other is a close fought battle.

Also that 50-43 was added wrong and was supposed to be 48-45.

I thought you were joking when you said this.

For an organisation as slick as the UFC, that is extremely bush league.

Then there need to be more stringent checks in place, what would have happened if the fight had been a bit closer and that miscalculation had given Hominick a split decision win?

They going to take the title off him half an hour later in the locker room?

I can't remember the last UFC show where at least one judge's scorecard hasn't made me go 'WTF?', it's getting ridiculous now.

Guest mr. potato head

As somebody who has followed the OAC for several years, let me just say I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Ken Hayashi could do something incompetently. :shifty:

• Like 1

On reflection... I loved last night, I thought the whole event was amazing, despite the lacklustre main event it had everything that I wanted from the card, sleek, brutal finishes, some great grappling, some upsets, some very memorable happenings and we got to see that the UFC can take that next step and play to such a large audience, the next step for me must be to look at doing a 40,000 to 50,000 person event in the US as we all know Canada is MMA crazy, but will it play as well further down south? An event held in the north east (Pennsylvania or Boston for example, if there are suitable stadia) would be able to draw from a very large population and offer huge potential.

I enjoyed that card a lot, main event aside. From the opening until the co-main, all of the fights were fun to watch. Machida with the crane kick was wonderful, though it sucks that Couture will go out like that, if he does indeed retire for good.

And Rich, for Boston if they want a large crowd they'd have to do them outside as we do not have any large indoor stadiums. It would have to be at Fenway Park. White has said he would hold an event there at some point during for a summer event.

I enjoyed that card a lot, main event aside. From the opening until the co-main, all of the fights were fun to watch. Machida with the crane kick was wonderful, though it sucks that Couture will go out like that, if he does indeed retire for good.

And Rich, for Boston if they want a large crowd they'd have to do them outside as we do not have any large indoor stadiums. It would have to be at Fenway Park. White has said he would hold an event there at some point during for a summer event.

How many would Fenway park hold?

My guess would be around 40.000. I reckon the next big arena show will either be GSP vs Silva or when New York legalizes MMA.

I cannot find any concert numbers (except for 2 day combined sales, for example U2 with 70,428, but I believe Paul McCartney holds the 2-day sale record now though I cannot find that attendance number), but for a baseball game they can get somewhere around 35,000.

My guess would be around 40.000. I reckon the next big arena show will either be GSP vs Silva or when New York legalizes MMA.

If Brock gets past JDS, then a rematch against Velasquez could easily sell 50k tickets just about anywhere.