UFC News and Discussion Thread

So today was the hearing for Sonnen. The CSAC ruled 4-1 to uphold the suspension. So he will not be coaching Ultimate Fighter against Bisping. Sonnen was apparently trying to get sympathy saying that White told him if he doesn't get cleared that it will be the end of his career and he'll be forced to retire. Meltzer says the suspension will be until his license expires which is on June 29 and goes on to say that he can reapply in any state he wants after that, but they will most likely look to CSAC for a decision on that if they want to renew it or not. So in a little over a month we'll see if his career is truly over as he claims it would be.

Edit: MMAJunkie says it is June 29, 2012, so make that a year and a month.

• 2 weeks later...

FUCK

EDIT: Considering they come from 2 different countries, and train at 2 different camps.. does anybody know why Roy Nelson and Dan Hardy tend to always be together?

I thought the main events both were sort of plodding. Mir just tired Nelson out (shocker), and Rampage was clearly the better fighter going in to the bout and treated it that way by not pulling out anything risky and just doing what he had to for victory. I feel bad for Hammil, the guy is a good fighter but I don't see him in the title picture. He's one of those who is better suited fighting folks on Fight Night cards as he has some name value.

I've seen a few (but not too many) Rampage fights now, and even including his huge KO over Wanderlei, i've never seen Rampage just..completely outclass someone like that. I was really impressed by that performance.

FUCK

EDIT: Considering they come from 2 different countries, and train at 2 different camps.. does anybody know why Roy Nelson and Dan Hardy tend to always be together?

Because Hardy now lives and trains in Vegas, so they actually live and train at the same place.

I've seen a few (but not too many) Rampage fights now, and even including his huge KO over Wanderlei, i've never seen Rampage just..completely outclass someone like that. I was really impressed by that performance.

Agreed. He looked much better then he did in the Evans-fight where I found him to look a bit tired/old. And I don't think Hamill is to credit for that... Funny how the top of the UFC Light Heavyweight division is currently made out of 6 (ex-)champs (!!) and one prospect: Jones, Evans, Rampage, Machida, Forrest, Rua and Phil Davis :-) . Am I forgetting anyone?

Also impressed with Travis Browne. I wonder who he'll fight next. Maybe Mir? Or Brendan Schaub in a battle of prospects?

BTW... I don't know what it is with American fans... but do they even like MMA??? The booing is really annoying and imho it seems much much worse in American shows (perhaps most in Las Vegas) then internationally. It seems in England, Australia, Germany and Canada people are just happy to get to see some fights... Anyone else has this feeling? Rampage vs Hamill wasn't fight of the year, but it wasn't a boring fight either... why they were booing is beyond me.