UFC News and Discussion Thread

My guess would be around 40.000. I reckon the next big arena show will either be GSP vs Silva or when New York legalizes MMA.

If Brock gets past JDS, then a rematch against Velasquez could easily sell 50k tickets just about anywhere.

I was looking at realistic match-ups. :shifty:

My guess would be around 40.000. I reckon the next big arena show will either be GSP vs Silva or when New York legalizes MMA.

If Brock gets past JDS, then a rematch against Velasquez could easily sell 50k tickets just about anywhere.

I was looking at realistic match-ups. :shifty:

You sure? :shifty:

This month's UFC 130 event has lost its championship headliner.

Due to injuries sustained by both fighters, a lightweight title fight and third bout between champion Frankie Edgar (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) and Gray Maynard (10-0-1 MMA, 8-0-1 UFC) has been scratched.

UFC officials today announced the change.

UFC 130 takes place May 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view, and Spike TV airs a one-hour "UFC Prelims" special beforehand.

A light-heavyweight bout between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Matt Hamill (10-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has been tapped the new headliner.

Additionally, a welterweight fight between Thiago Alves (18-7 MMA, 10-4 UFC) and Rick Story (12-3 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has been promoted to the main card. That bout, which initially was slated for the "UFC Prelims" special, has been replaced by middleweights Tim Boetsch (12-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and Kendall Grove (12-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC) on the Spike TV card.

Edgar and Maynard recently fought in the headliner of UFC 125, where Edgar attempted to defend his belt and avenge the only defeat of his career. Although Maynard jumped out to an early lead with a first-round knockdown, Edgar survived and ultimately took the fight the distance. The bout ended in an anticlimactic draw and prompted officials to book the third meeting.

No reschedule date has been set for the title fight.

The loss of the title fight is a huge hit to the Memorial Day-weekend show, which often are some of the UFC's bigger events.

The latest card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Matt Hamill vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson

Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve

Jorge Santiago vs. Brian Stann

Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Demetrious Johnson vs. Miguel Torres

Tim Boetsch vs. Kendall Grove

PRELIMINARY CARD

Bart Palaszewski vs. Gleison Tibau

Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald

Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo

SAD FACE :(

Guest mr. potato head

Alves/Story didn't deserve to be a prelim in the first place.

Sad thing is that this show probably won't draw much worse without Edgar/Maynard.

I was really excited for that match. But it's still a stacked card.

Mir/Nelson is gonna be awesome, especially once the go into hype mode for it. They genuinely don't care for another and they're two of the more entertaining dudes in the UFC.

Alves/Story has some implications so it should be on the main card. Santiago/Stann is gonna be a good one. And the prelim is still stacked up nicely too.

When my wife and I were talking about this, she made the comment that the main event was now going to be "Matt Hamill getting his ass kicked by Rampage for about 3 minutes before he finishes him". I had to laugh at how vehement she sounded about the whole thing. And note, she's a big Hamill fan, so it's nothing against him.

It was probably the only match I wasn't too hyped about in the first place, so my interest has spiked, and I can't wait to see Rampage destroy Hamill.

While I'm a bit bummed out that Edgar/Maynard fight has been called off it's still a good card with some enjoyable fights to see.

I'm mainly looking forward to Mir/Nelson

It was probably the only match I wasn't too hyped about in the first place, so my interest has spiked, and I can't wait to see Rampage destroy Hamill.

How were you not hyped about a rematch of possibly the fight of the year so far? Sometimes I worry about you :/

Guest mr. potato head

Lesnar has diverculitis again; Carwin will fight Dos Santos instead.

Poor Vancouver, they just can't get a show without one of the main eventers getting hurt.