UFC News and Discussion Thread

Nate Marquardt has not been cleared to fight tomorrow night. So therefore, Kongo vs Barry will be the main event for UFC Live. The card still looks strong though, Facebook card has my interest the most as it includes Joe Stevenson's featherweight debut.

He was fired.

From Meltzer: The unanswered questions keep going. Dana White just announced that Nate Marquardt was no longer with the UFC. It was a short message where White said that Marquardt had failed his medicals and is not only off the show, but out of the UFC, without giving any explanation.

Rumours are that he was so far off weight he wasn't allowed to cut down, or that he's carrying something that makes him unclearable ever again like Aleksander Emelianenko.

I can't see Dana getting on his high horse about the latter. My guess is it's something unprofessional i.e. admitted to using a diuretic to doctor, asked the doc not to clear him, showed up in no state to fight/make weight, of killed the doctor.

Whilst he has never set my world on fire I can't see Dana publicly stating he's done unless Nate has done something that's pissed him off. You don't generally fight for your contract in the main event so my guess is until whatever it is happened Nate wasn't getting cut for a loss. I'm more excited for this than I was the fight so for me it's a win.

• Like 1

Hamill fought with a massive staph lesion on his back at the TUF 11 finale. Seems a bit weird to suddenly sack a guy for covering it up when not long ago they let you fight with it obviously there.

Guest mr. potato head

Hamill fought with a massive staph lesion on his back at the TUF 11 finale. Seems a bit weird to suddenly sack a guy for covering it up when not long ago they let you fight with it obviously there.

But if he'd hide his lesions, what else would he hide?!?

Not talent, obviously.

Right now I'm just feeling bad for Rick Story. A win over Marquardt could have sent him into the top 5 / 6 welterweights in the UFC to challenge for the belt. Now he's facing Charlie Brennenman, who while I like him and his entertaining, doesn't help Story. A win for Story wouldn't help much, while a loss would set him way back.

But if he'd hide his lesions, what else would he hide?!?

Not talent, obviously.

I heard he's deaf. NOT SURE.

Oliveira clearly hit an illegal knee to Lentz (who still had one knee down), referee didn't say a thing, Oliveira won by submission and the commision had a go at the ref, and said they're gonna "review" it, aka overturn the decision undoubtedly.

He was pretty well lackluster is the best to say it. Apart from an inverted armbar attempt in the first round he didn't really offer much. Especially in the 3rd he should have just unloaded cause Vasquez was tired but instead kept bobbing and weaving and just not committing.

Be surprised if he still has a UFC job especially after 4 back to back losses.

Brown might've won, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut anyway.

You cannot get cut if you win, otherwise Nick Lentz wouldn't been fired last August when he had that awful fight on Spike against Andre Winner.

You can always get fired, Lentz wasn't on a 3 fight losing streak, and delivered a shit fight with his job on the line.