UFC News and Discussion Thread

People have doubts about the 135ers headlining a UFC Pay-Per-View? That's news to me.

Wanderlei's gone back to his Chute Boxe roots and if he's to be believed, he's going to be much more vicious and unrelenting inside of the Octagon than we've seen him since his days in PRIDE. If that's the Wanderlei Silva that shows up, then a showdown with Anderson would draw astronomical numbers. He would still probably need another win before getting a title shot, but I can see it doing big business for the UFC if it happens at some point.

People have doubts about the 135ers headlining a UFC Pay-Per-View? That's news to me.

As far as business goes with PPV buys. Having it be Faber in the headline helps, but I have heard a lot of people doubting whether bantamweights and featherweights can headline a financially successful PPV. Obviously they would be more worried about the less hardcore fans who only buy based on name value and/or seeing big guys fight.

Guest mr. potato head

135s and 145s can draw just as big of buyrates as anyone else if they're given the same chance to grow that the others are. It'll be a rough road but eventually they'll seem just like any other division. Should be a good show tonight.

Firstly, yes, Tito deserves it. He might be a dick but he is responsible for the some of the biggest ratings the UFC has ever gotten and he does have a decorated MMA career (for the most part). Also, it is going to be hilarious when he hands Ryan Bader his second loss in a row.

Secondly, I don't care at all, I barely watch UFC live so I have the privilige to just skip all that hype bullshit and go straight to the fights.

I'm shocked that there's actually a person alive that thinks Tito stands any chance what so ever against Bader.

Firstly, yes, Tito deserves it. He might be a dick but he is responsible for the some of the biggest ratings the UFC has ever gotten and he does have a decorated MMA career (for the most part). Also, it is going to be hilarious when he hands Ryan Bader his second loss in a row.

Secondly, I don't care at all, I barely watch UFC live so I have the privilige to just skip all that hype bullshit and go straight to the fights.

I'm shocked that there's actually a person alive that thinks Tito stands any chance what so ever against Bader.

Considering Ryan Bader is Tito Ortiz 2.0 i don't understand either.

Guest mr. potato head

That was a good show. Lots of action and even the main-card decision was a good fight. Leben and Ortiz get at least one more hugely-marketable fight each.

That's the danger of fighting Ortiz. Beating him doesn't exactly do a great deal for you, yet losing to him at this stage is almost a massive 'WTF'. It's MMA and anything can happen, but seriously, Bader should NEVER be losing that fight, massive loss for him. I'll happily admit I see nothing but Bader steam rolling him, so I'm pretty shocked.

Guest mr. potato head

Random tidbit: last UFC PPV to feature three first-round stoppages was UFC 108, aka Evans/Silva headliner, aka "Where's my legs at?".