UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

It's just another time where I honestly don't see the point in this match. You lose to Ortiz at this stage in his career, even if he did just beat Bader, and it will hurt you. You beat Ortiz and it does absolutely fuck all. Luckily for Rashad, even though beating Ortiz wont do anything for him, he's ready to go into a title fight afterwards.

Still, it's a shame that they've gone from a really interesting fight in Davis/Evans to a fight that holds barely any interest what so ever, outside of seeing Tito getting his face smashed in.

And yet Evans/Ortiz will probably do a bigger buyrate than Evans/Davis would have. Funny how the business works.

It's not like they had a lot of options at this point either, short of bringing Chuck or Couture back. :shifty:

I have to agree with Gazz. Can't blame the UFC for Phil Davis getting hurt on this short of notice. I give Tito props for stepping up to the plate. I'm not as excited for this as I was Rashad/Davis, but Tito is an interesting character if nothing else and he did essentialy win that fight with Rashad before.

Cro Cop/Nelson and Kongo/Mitrione added to UFC 137.

Between those two, GSP/Diaz, Penn/Condit and Hioki/Roop, that card is starting to look damn good.

Oh, and speaking of Matyushenko: he's out, Matt Hamill is in against Alexander Gustafsson for UFC 133. So, good thing Vlad didn't step in for Davis if he was just going to go ahead and get hurt himself.

And I'm not sure if this should go here or in the other thread, but Kazuo Misaki - he of the FOTY war with Jorge Santiago - has signed with Strikeforce. Turns out that's the big-time Welterweight Coker brought up last week.

Just going to leave this here:

l.gif

Jesus christ, BJ. There's being good, and then there's just being a dick.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Hamill to move up and Gustafsson to get a different opponent?

They offered it to Maldonado, but he declined. Unless Leben steps up, the best idea I've heard thrown around is just to scrap Franklin off the card altogether and move Hamill/Gustafsson up to the main card, and maybe set up Machida/Franklin in the fall.