UFC News and Discussion Thread

Just got off the phone with Dana White, he said I had thighs like tree trunks and I could probably leg lift a horse. He asked me what kind of lotion I use on my calves too. It was pretty creepy all told.

• Like 2

Guest J-Money808

BJ Penn vs Carlos Condit official for UFC 137. Just saw it in te newspaper this morning. Also BJ's younger brother Reagan Penn makes his MMA debut August 27 at a ProElite Fighting show.

Edited by J-Money808

And if anything half the time when people moan about lack of high profile fights...the cards turn about to be pretty fun and amazing most of the time

Guest mr. potato head

Where are you seeing that things may be over between him and Strikeforce? He didn't want to come back and fight Sept. 10 because he claims it's not enough time to train, but he's willing to fight later in the year and at least MMAJunkie is reporting Dana as saying he'll fight in Strikeforce once he's healed up.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If he did end up leaving Strikeforce under less than pleasant circumstances, do you think the UFC would sign him, knowing that? That's what I mean. It's all more than likely a moot point anyway, but it was just something I thought was interesting to consider.

Guest J-Money808

If the UFC did sign him it would be a good move to bolster the bare heavyweight division. Right now fom light heavyweight to lightweight is stacked with fighters while the other 3 are not that much

Edited by J-Money808

That's exactly what I'm saying. If he did end up leaving Strikeforce under less than pleasant circumstances, do you think the UFC would sign him, knowing that? That's what I mean. It's all more than likely a moot point anyway, but it was just something I thought was interesting to consider.

He didn't and isn't leaving Strikeforce under less than pleasant circumstances, though. He's too hurt to make the date which Showtime is apparently unwilling to budge from, so the winner of the reserves bout is taking his place.

Given how surprisingly civil Dana's quotes were about the situation, I'm assuming this was ultimately a Showtime decision and not a ZUFFA one. But then, that doesn't make sense since Overeem is one of Strikeforce's top 3/4 draws, so who the fuck knows?

He didn't and isn't leaving Strikeforce under less than pleasant circumstances, though. He's too hurt to make the date which Showtime is apparently unwilling to budge from, so the winner of the reserves bout is taking his place.

Given how surprisingly civil Dana's quotes were about the situation, I'm assuming this was ultimately a Showtime decision and not a ZUFFA one. But then, that doesn't make sense since Overeem is one of Strikeforce's top 3/4 draws, so who the fuck knows?

Yeah, that's why I was saying it's a moot point anyway, since now everyone is saying that it's not the case that he was ever looking at just leaving.

Wowwwwwwwwwwww

That is going to be a main event? Really? Damn we don't half get shafted when it comes to Main Events.