UFC News and Discussion Thread

Anyone picking Tito in this fight?

I have Rashad, but I actually think it'll be pretty close. Tito is in top shape, just coming off a fight and feeling motivated. Rashad hasn't fought in 18 months, that's kind of a bad combination.

I don't love this uncercard, but there are a couple of interesting fights out there. I'm excited for Belfort/Akiyama even if it doesn't have big time implications. I'm also a Rory McDonald fan, so looking forward to seeing him against a very game Mike Pyle, should be a tough challenge. And I'm actually not sure how Alexander Gustafsson vs Matt Hammil never got promoted to the main card, I hink that is very interesting. Gustafsson has a lot of potential and this is his biggest test by far.

Not a $50 purchase kind of PPV, but it's worth a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch.

Dana White said it during the fight on Twitter that he was gonna ban them straight away, at one point his junk actually flew out for all to see.

Wow.....Dennis Hallman haha, Is that his personal choice or did he lose a bet or something? Damnnnnnn that was a strange fucking fight to watch.

Matt Hamill has announced on his website that he's retiring.

"Today is a sad day for me. After six years and 13 fights in the UFC I'm ready to hang up my gloves and retire from this amazing sport.

The UFC has been extremely good to me and given me an opportunity to make a great living. That exposure has allowed me options outside the Octagon as well. I just don't have it in me to fight anymore and my last two performances have shown that.

I was ready to make this decision after UFC 130 but my friends, family coaches and most importantly my daughter encouraged me to give it one last chance. My career has been plagued by injuries starting with The Ultimate Fighter and disrupted my training ever since.

There hasn't been even one training camp where I've been able to train without training around an injury. I have not been kind to my body and it has nothing left after 28 years of non stop competition. It's time to finally give it a rest. I can't continue to fight without having the hunger and desire to do so. I can't let my performances reflect on my coaches who are the best in the world and the reason I've made it this far."

Goes on to say that he'll still be coaching, and thanks a bunch of people. Interesting, but I guess if his heart isn't in it anymore, it's the best thing to do.