UFC News and Discussion Thread

I think this is the one event I would allow the USA chants, especially if you believe Brian Stann, claiming Seal Team Six were in attendance. Y'know, the guys who shot Osama.

• Like 1

Apparently the hurdles are going to be removed. GSP vs Nick Diaz is tentatively set for UFC 137.

No fight with Anderson just yet, but a fight I wanted to see before (if) the GSP Vs Silva fight ever happens.

I wouldn't be too sure.

Cesar Grace (Diaz's manager) said the only way Nick will be back in Strikeforce is if he loses, which sounds to me like it's just for the UFC belt and if Nick wins, he'll vacate the SF belt.

Guest Neon Noodle

Anthony Johnson out, Rick Story in against Nate Marquardt. If Story wins that fight he should really be getting the title shot ahead of Diaz.

Not really, while he is massively impressive, winning a fight against an inconsistent Nate Marquardt who's making his welterweight debut doesn't shout title contender more than Nick Diaz does.

Well done for taking this fight on quite short notice, and if he wins this, and another fight after this, he should well be getting a shot against the GSP/Diaz winner.

I've got a problem with the frat boy flag-waving, dick-swinging, xenophobia yes.

I, for one, am shocked by displays of masculine bravado from spectators of combat sports.

Guest Neon Noodle

Yeah, they'd better not start giving title shots to popular and entertaining fighters on four-fight win streaks with three of those wins by stoppage and one over a guy who was in line for a shot.

I'd imagine next shot will go to Jim Miller if he gets past Ben Henderson.

How about Melendez vs Guida?

I think that if they sign Melendez to the same contract that Diaz is on in the near future like they are working on currently, then he'll get first shot against the Edgar/Maynard winner and then they'll maybe match up Guida with the winner of Miller/Henderson to determine the next challenger after that.

I think that if they sign Melendez to the same contract that Diaz is on in the near future like they are working on currently, then he'll get first shot against the Edgar/Maynard winner and then they'll maybe match up Guida with the winner of Miller/Henderson to determine the next challenger after that.

I was actually thinking more Guida goes over to Strikeforce.

Checking out the vlog for 131, and I see a link on youtube to "UFC 131 Live Prelims".

So the prelims will be streamed on youtube as well as Facebook. :w00t: