Batman 3

Rich

Didn't Nolan say at one point or another that he'd drop dead before he put Mr. Freeze in a film?

I believe he said something along the line of "over my cold dead body".

...Or he said that he's use him when "hell freezes over".

Or...nah, I haven't got any more.

• Like 1

Didn't Nolan say at one point or another that he'd drop dead before he put Mr. Freeze in a film?

I believe he said something along the line of "over my cold dead body".

...Or he said that he's use him when "hell freezes over".

Or...nah, I haven't got any more.

It'll be a cold day in hell.

As far as casting goes, if it does not make sense then it will probably be amazing. So few people thought Heath Ledger made sense. 3 years later the guy is a legend because of it.

This has to be the end of the story arch, IMO. Finishing the war with the mob makes sense (thus, the penguin probably should be involved) and The Riddler is a foregone conclusion at this point. They need a marketable bad guy that can twist the story when needed.

Edited by Universal

I think the best bet would be The Riddler and Bane, one to test his mind, one to test his body, but I'm still not convinced the entire Joker (nor entirely the Two-Face) saga is over, because if his aim is escalation then there's only one man who can really match it, and that is, of course, The Joker.

There're plenty of options though, my personal choice would be Talia al Ghul to bring it round a bit and mix it in with The Joker.

My only issue with the voice is that he uses it when talking to Lucius, even though he knows it's Bruce.

That for me is one issue I have with the voice. Overall, I don't mind it though.

As far as villains, if it were to be the Riddler, Guy Pearce anybody? I think he could be a contender for the role. I honestly wouldn't mind Depp TBH either. Hall would be a good choice too, there's some definite good options out there so it's do-able. If it were Penguin ideally it would be Phillip Seymour Hoffman for me.

If they do go with The Penguin, if it's anybody other than Phillip Seymour Hoffman, I'm going to murder whoever they pick so they have to choose him.

But for The Riddler? I'd go with Joseph Gordon-Levitt but I'd choose him for pretty much anything so I might be a bit biased.

I like the idea of someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing The Riddler but I just don't think they'd choose him... I'm fully expecting The Riddler to be the main villian in the next movie with another smaller one on the side...

Another guy I'd like to see maybe play The Joker if they went back to that route would be James Franco... I think he'd be able to pull it off... They'd be able to bring in Harley Quinn to the mix as well I guess then...

Still hoping its something good though...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel I should post this.

From ComingSoon.net:

Empire asked whether the villain could be a returning (and recast) Joker. "No," said Nolan resisting to elaborate, "I just don't feel comfortable about it."

Yeah, good call by Nolan. I loved The Dark Knight, and I would love to see Joker back in any form, but it's also going to be a sore spot for everyone with the film, so it's probably a better idea to go with a completly different villian.

I wouldnt have minded if they recast the role, because I would have liked to see another take on Joker by someone, but at the same time I'm glad they'll focus on someone else and not let Joker be the center of attention again.

EDIT: of course, now people get to wonder whether Harvey Dent is dead or not from that fall at the end of TDK <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

Nolan also said in the same interview that the third one would be the end. The third one will wrap things up instead of blow everything wide open; or something to that extent.

I would guess it's just the last one from Nolan if it goes well WB will just get someone new in to do Batman 4

On the subject of Nolan anyway he said when there is a JLA movie he does not want his version of Batman to be the one used as it will take away from his realistic version of Batman he doesn't want aliens and heroes with superpowers in his Batman universe.

The other heroes would be the same one used as in their solo movies even the same cast (Superman-Wonder Woman- Flash-Green Lantern and Aquaman are all getting solo movies in a few years) but Batman would be a different one altogether but if someone else takes over by then I guess that could change