Batman 3

Rich

It´s like living in a parralel universe... Spider-man 1, Batman 3, Star trek 2... how i wish they had not fucked up the thrid spider-man movie as bad as they did...

I hope Bats improves even more, i did not like the first one of this reboot, but the second one was a great pice of comic cinema. (i still like the first burton one better so there is something to archive mr.nolan!)

As for the villian, Harly Quinn -> Kristen Bell

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I like the guy and all, but surely after Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the last Pirates Of The Caribbean movie and Alice In The Wonderland it's about time to put the "Johnny Depp can do no wrong" bandwagon out to pasture. Mmmm, mixed metaphors.

I like the guy and all, but surely after Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the last Pirates Of The Caribbean movie and Alice In The Wonderland it's about time to put the "Johnny Depp can do no wrong" bandwagon out to pasture. Mmmm, mixed metaphors.

This. This is exactly why I don't want him in this.

I read an article a few weeks ago making the case for Michael C. Hall as The Riddler, and I would love if they went that direction, he'd be perfect.

That's right! I was trying to remember another "dream casting" my friends and I thought of besides Hoffman as The Penguin and this is it. I would love this casting.

Yeah. I've always respected Depp as an actor, but I think a lot of his recent blockbusters prove that he's no miracle worker. A fantastic actor, but he's no Gary Oldman when it comes to making almost any role work. Not to mention I think Nolan has proven himself to prefer not to bring in the expected names. Depp is too obvious in my opinion. He's more likely to try and find a Sam Rockwell type, someone with some name value but isn't in the mainstream at all.

I've always thought the reason Nolan didn't want Catwoman was because he felt she'd been ruined by that fucking awful excuse for a film?

Honestly, with villains I think the best course is to go with the Batman Begins route, minus the Razh Al Ghul story. Have a smaller villain with the main focus being on Batman. Dark Knight left us with this idea of Batman Vs. The World, I'd much prefer they explore that with him being completely alone, trying to take out The Riddler or someone whilst having to work around The Police.

I'd also fully expect to see a new 'Enemy' enter the picture in the form of a new Detective being brought on to try and find Batman. Obviously not a real bad guy, but someone who can match the wits of Bruce Wayne and comes close to finding out who Batman is. Basically a face to put with the idea of Gotham going after Batman.

Most of all though, I'm just hoping for at least another 5 Michael Caine monologue's.

Depp would do fine as the Riddler, it's not like he's going to be playing the same character all over again like he did with Wonka/Hatter/any "quirky" Depp character. Riddler can be made far more serious than what they did with him with Carry, and honestly I prefer the darker version of Riddler anyway. Personal preference I suppose.

Though, that being said, he's not the best casting choice per se, there's likely plenty of others that'd do just as well, if not better; however, IF Depp were brought on, I'd trust the choice and Nolan's direction of it to make the performance work. Depp is a quality actor, if he envelops himself into the character like he's capable of it'd probably be a damn good performance.

It's just that lately he's been getting typecasted it seems, and really it's getting kind-of old quickly.

It's certainly not a coincidence that most of Depp's "bad" movies are Tim Burton productions. Just sayin.

Yeah. Burton hasn't done anything worth seeing in years, bar one or two exceptions. (Well. Sweeney Todd. And that's about it.)

Then again, I fucking loathe Tim Burton and his repetitive, god awful style.

• Like 1

I'm a big Depp fan and would love to see him take the role of The Riddler if that is the direction Nolan is heading. To say he was terrible as Sparrow in the last Pirates film is totally ignoring the magic he had for the first and even second film of the trilogy. I honestly havent seen CATCF but as was pointed out, it's a Burton film. Even Alice in Wonderland was a good portrayal of the Hatter.

Just saying.

To bring this more on topic, I hope that Nolan doesn't go for The Penguin. We already had the major crime boss with Maroni and I dont think another mob battle would be good.

I'd like to see Zsasz in a bigger role. Not the main villain or anything, but just more of a presence but I'm a sucker for Zsasz so.

I read an article a few weeks ago making the case for Michael C. Hall as The Riddler, and I would love if they went that direction, he'd be perfect.

I could totally see this. I really think that The Riddler would be the way to go and Hall would be perfect, although I really wouldn't object to Depp either. I think that both of them could pull it off but I've got faith in the casting since I didn't think that Heath Ledger was going to be as awesome when he was first announced. I'd maybe put someone else in there too, like Catwoman, Zsasz or Killer Croc? I really wouldn't use Bane because he could be awesome as a villain in another movie.

It would be an odd choice, but Carey has really raised his game since that and opened up a lot more aspects of his acting than just "OMG ZANY".