Batman 3

Rich

Guest adameast

Why was it only recently bought in to this as Jim Carey being The Riddler? And when it was it was a joke?

I read that if it IS the Riddler, Carey is to be the front runner, even in the original, there were hints of sinister that Val Kilmer's Batman couldn't do justice too...

The man's been in the most diverse of roles since that abomination and he realy can pull it out. JC for Batman Villain 3.

Also, shouldn't do a Spiderman reboot, all 3 of the films have been pish, but the money is too big for them to reboot, dumbass's

Riddler would be pleasing.

Harley Quinn would be nice but with Joker gone I dunno...

I'd like him to bring back Scarecrow again as more powerful (which was one of the backbones of one of the Batman comic series I'm sure - Scarecrow returning more and more powerful).

With Batman on the run you either need a "legal" crime boss (like Penguin but not fussed about him at all) to become the people's voice against the Bat......Or some calculating borderline-crazy like Riddler or Scarecrow to ramp up the psychology.

I'd be totally cool with Cillian Murphy reprising Scarecrow again. It was really fun seeing him in that brief reprise at the start of Dark Knight.

I think I'd quite like to see The Ridler. I think that'd be a lot of fun done Nolan-style. But I also think that Penguin as a crime boss trying to get Gotham's crime scene back on its feet in the aftermath of the witchunt for Batman could also be a pretty cool side story.

And on castings, unless Warner Brothers has mazzine influence, I get the feeling Nolan will go with someone who's got some name value, but isn't exactly mainstream. Like Tkz said, the Rockwell type. Or something to that extent.

And on castings, unless Warner Brothers has mazzine influence, I get the feeling Nolan will go with someone who's got some name value, but isn't exactly mainstream. Like Tkz said, the Rockwell type. Or something to that extent.

I think after his Heath Ledger idea, I should hope they'll let him do whatever he wants with his cast.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Bale as Batman? Having finally caught up and actually watched the Dark Knight last weekend, I just don't like him in the role. I mean, the ensemble character casting has been good, and will be the be all and end all of this one for me, because to me you need a strong cast to offset a pretty meh Batman.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody who hasn't been in the Batman spotlight a whole lot, obviously the whole Penguin or Riddler characters would be awesome but I wouldn't mind seeing maybe Black Mask or somebody who has had previous links with The Joker in the past, Red Hood maybe. But that would require a bit of explaining I suppose.

They could always try with the whole Mr. Freeze thing again :shifty:

Disagree completley. Maybe it's the Bale mark in me speaking; but I think he's superb in the role. More so in Batman Begins because the movie is more Wayne/Batman focused. But I think he's quality in the role and the perfect choice. Easily my favourite actor to don the suit. I even like the, at times, OTT Batman voice he puts on. Adds something to the character, IMO.

• Like 1

Disagree completley. Maybe it's the Bale mark in me speaking; but I think he's superb in the role. More so in Batman Begins because the movie is more Wayne/Batman focused. But I think he's quality in the role and the perfect choice. Easily my favourite actor to don the suit. I even like the, at times, OTT Batman voice he puts on. Adds something to the character, IMO.

That voice for me was the kicker. I get that he has to have a different voice from Bruce Wayne, but it made him sound stupid in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bale, he just doesn't do it for me as Batman.

Edited by Liam

I think the voice provokes fear. If you came up against someone with his reputation, I think the voice just adds to the tension you'd probably feel. I'd prefer it this extreme opposed to no voice being put on at all. But I see where you're coming from on the voice, a lot of people have a problem with it.

But I think every other aspect is pretty much awesome. Rewatch Batman Begins if you need reconfirmation of his role as Bruce Wayne. He's the center of the film and a lot of it rests on his performance.

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody who hasn't been in the Batman spotlight a whole lot, obviously the whole Penguin or Riddler characters would be awesome but I wouldn't mind seeing maybe Black Mask or somebody who has had previous links with The Joker in the past, Red Hood maybe. But that would require a bit of explaining I suppose.

They could always try with the whole Mr. Freeze thing again :shifty:

NEVER FORGET

• Like 1

Bale as Wayne = Awesome

Bale as Batman = Close to awesome

I think the voice takes away from some scenes. The first couple of scenes in BB were a little odd, and then again in TDK there were a couple of points that seemed forced. By and large, though, I think it works. Wasn't crazy about it during the interrogation scene as I figured Bruce would come through, but I guess that's just how tightly under control he is.