General boxing thread

EddieG

Audley Harrison has unretired....again.

He's gonna end up brain damaged and in a wheelchair at this rate, guy has no chin whatsoever and must have surely made a fair amount of money because of his name and the hype he had after the Olympics years ago, don't get why he wants to keep boxing apart from probably getting an easy payday.

As much as I like Froch, I can see Kessler winning this. If anything, Froch just seemed a little too up for it in the pre-fight build-up, which leads me to believe that he could become impulsive and literally let his guard down. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see in the next half-hour or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think you mean Alvarez! :P But yeah he looks more Irish than I do! It says on BoxNation tonight that it's Free View, does that mean it's free if you have the SPorts package on Sky?

Also Mayweather is getting $41.5mil for tonight, that's insane!

I don't think they can top Mayweather-DLH on PPV or at the gate, because that was two generational stars clashing at the perfect time. But this fight has some resonance of that as well and it's going to be a massive success regardless.

I'm a big Canelo fan, would love to see him get a win but I'll settle for just a good showing. Learned long ago that "Floyd wins" is the safe bet.

I don't think they can top Mayweather-DLH on PPV or at the gate, because that was two generational stars clashing at the perfect time. But this fight has some resonance of that as well and it's going to be a massive success regardless.

I'm a big Canelo fan, would love to see him get a win but I'll settle for just a good showing. Learned long ago that "Floyd wins" is the safe bet.

I think Canelo is 2-3 years away from his true prime. It's probably too early for him so I think Floyd will win.

Six really good rounds and then kind of a tail off as Mayweather pushed the gap further. His timing and instincts are just ridiculous. Canelo seemed stumped into doing nothing at times, but he was also poised and never humble. He is definitely still closing in on his best years.

I would watch these two rematch in 2 years or so, would be interesting to see they measure up a little further on.

It reminded me of Eric Lucas VS Roy Jones Jr. In that match, Jones dominated, but Lucas showed he was full of heart and always very poised. It made people notice him.

5-6 years later, Lucas was the WBC World Super Middleweight champion.

I'm guessing give it a couple years, some seasoning and Alvarez will win the belt.